La Villa des Orangers - Hotel
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$147
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop pooljean paulprivate terracerelais chateauxlaundry serviceroom ratean oasismaster suitehotel organisedlarge suiteorange blossomgreat spaperfect hotelmain courtyardhaven of peacespa treatmentsboutique hotel
Reviewed November 19, 2008

After cross-referencing several online travel sources, including mrandmrssmith.com and tripadvisor, we decided to book La Villa des Orangers for our stay in Marrakech last year. We were very happy with every aspect of our stay. The location is very convenient- about a ten mins walk away from the Jemaa El Fna and the souks. We were actually glad we weren't staying in a riad in the medina itself where it’s quite easy to get lost walking around at night. Btw, crossing the roads near the Medina is an experience in itself- the trick is to cross the road very slowly so that cars can clearly see you and then drive around you. Food- delicious. We will be staying in more Relais&Chateux hotels from now on. Property is extremely lovely and charming- when we were there the libraries were decorated with lovely African paintings. Service is excellent and thoughtful- the staff noticed I was celebrating my birthday during my stay and left a kaftan as a present. Our only regret is that we stayed in a Deluxe Room- next time we come back we will definitely upgrade to one of the suites. We were especially happy with our guide to the medina recommended by the hotel, Mustapha- he was very knowledgeable and did not once try to steer us towards shops where he could try to get some commission.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2008

This hotel is an excellent honeymoon hotel and Marrakech an excellent destination. The staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms unique, and beautiful ornate. The best feature of the hotel was chosing in which fabulous location to eat your breakfast or lunch. One day we WILL return.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I have just returned from a lush break at the villa des orangers and it exceeded all expectations. We had a suite and terrace which was beatifully and tastefully furnished and very comfortable. The fresh roses in the room and bathroom were just one of the many small touches that made the stay so special. Service was speedy and always with a smile which is something you don't get much in the UK. The concierge was always happy to help with dinner plans either in the hotel or in one of the many very good restaurants in the medina. (Le Tobsil is very good but make sure you're hungry as they give you enough to feed a small village!).
Breakfast had to be pre-ordered which was a little odd but ok once used to it. I recommend taking it either in your room or in one of the very comfortable public rooms as the honey bees can be a bit of a pain when there is jam and honey about.
Fresh bedlinen every day(heaven) and bathrooms which are made perfect again before you return from your evening out.
The air conditioning could do with being a bit more efficient but that said it did keep us comfortable enough to sleep.
All in all a perfect holiday and just what the doctor ordered if you want some down time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank trissuffolk
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon. We loved the hotel and the staff was great.

We stayed in one of the loft suites off the main area which was very comfortable. The grounds of the hotel were spacious and between both pool areas, there was always somewhere to sit quietly and relax. The hotel's location is very close to the heart of the Djamaa El Fna and convenient to most of the things a tourist might see or do.

The staff was great. Royal Air Moroc lost our luggage between Fes and Marrakech and needless to say by the time we got to the hotel late that night, we weren't happy. The manager on duty took the form we got from the airline and said he would take care of following up and getting our luggage. Sure enough, we had it back in our room by lunch the next day. We also arrived too late for dinner but were given drinks and a fruit basket which was a very nice touch. The staff was also able to arrange dinner reservations and taxis without any hassle or issues.

The hotel offers complimentary juices, water and sodas as well as a fairly substantial breakfast and lunch. My only complaint would be that sometimes in the afternoon it was hard to find someone to order a drink from.

Overall, I think this a great hotel; a beautiful property and helpful staff. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Marrakech.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYCJenn
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I was here In early May 08 for 3 days as part of my honeymoon with my husband...... we arrived at 9pm after our 3 day sahara desert trip and was absolutely exhausted and couldn't wait to get to this hotel as I've read from Trip advisor how wonderful this place is, plus it's voted i think 8th most luxurious place to stay.

When we got there with our ruck sack and shorts/ t-shirt with a very tired look on our faces and in desperate need of a shower... we walked into the riad.. and found it very peaceful and tranquil.
We were greeted by a gentleman at the reception who spoke English very well and gave us our keys to our room and explained to us that he will show us a round the riad once we have showered and settled ourselves down.

As we past through the court yard and opened the door to our room, it was lovely and spacious just as it is in the pictures of their website..the bathroom was huge... I absolutely loved it..and so did my husband.....and the whole place was clean.

once we came out of our room we decided to eat in the riad as it was late and we were tired and didn't want to head out... ... the restaurant was beautiful... the service was great and the food was lovely... though of course it was quite expensive too... i think we spent £40pp and that was excluding any alcohol drinks...

After dinner we headed back to our rooms and was amazed that they've already came into our rooms and have changed all the bathroom towels which we just had used! - the service was wonderful.

we also managed to used the 2 pools which they have to offer.. and most of the times myself and my husband managed to have the whole place to ourselves... so it was perfect...

Further more you are only 5 min away from the square so location was great!

The only negative thing I can say about this riad is that it can do with a bit of updating as the TV was not flat screen (not that I mind, but I stayed in a 80Euros a night riad which had a flat screen ) and here I'm paying around 260Euros. Plus there was a few tiles on the floor loose or missing.. and on further inspection of their electricity mains... you can see that the job was done poorly as the finished was bad.. with gaps and cracks..by the wall.. though cleverly hidden with beautiful furniture....

Overall me and my husband had a wonderful experience.. and would definately recommend this place.. and return if we decide to come back to Marrakech!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple