“Nice to see you Riu”

Hotel Riu Tikida Garden
Ranked #124 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced, value for money holiday and we got just that. We have stayed in Riu hotels before so we knew we could rely on excellent service, good quality accommodation and good choice of tasty food, and we were not disappointed, the hotel was up to the Riu's high standard.
The only downside is the pool/ sunbathing area which is very cramped with the sunbeds to close to each other but I am sure this can be rectified but extending the sunbathing area further back from the pool.
We had a very enjoyable holiday and would happily go back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area offer more privacy
1  Thank NanuBucks
Write a ReviewReviews (2,987)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me start first of all about the food because when you do an All Inclusive holiday one of the most important things is the food at the hotel. Now the food is not horrible by any means and everything you have is nice but its the lack of option that affected me. Everyday the food seemed to be almost the same to the point that I wasnt looking forward to going for dinner or evening meal because I knew I would be eating almsot the same as I had done the day before and the day before that. We thought that we would give the Moroccon restaurant a try at the hotel that you can book for at reception because everybody had told us how lovely it was.....but again we just found it to be the same food we were being served in the main restuarant. Again you will not go hungry and the food is of a good standard there just isnt really alot of choice.

Now about the hotel, in some reviews it had been stated that the rooms were a little dated, If im honest our room 362 was fine and more than adicute and comfortable. The room was always cleaned to a very high standard and had everything we needed. I would advise that if you have long or thick hair to take an hair dryer you do have one in the bathroom but its not the greatest.

The pool area is very nice and clean but myself i wasnt very keen on the lay out (this is only my opnion) its a big pool with sunbeds all the way around so everymorning everybody is putting there towels out so they can be close to the pool and i found it to be a little cramped also around the pool, some of the sunbeds are so close to each other. but in my opnion you dont just go to morocco to sit around the pool all day especially when there is so much to do outside the hotel.

Going outside the hotel and walking around is fine, some people found this a little daunting including myself at first especially when it was just me and my mum but honestly the people are so friendly and we never once felt unsafe. The hotel do put a bus on and this free and it takes you to the new town worth a visit. we also visited the square both in the day and at night and we did this through thomson. you can just make your own way there but with thomson you get transport and a guide that can explain all about morocco and there people.

Please do not be put of by my review because the hotel is lovely just a few little things that need to be worked on. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisajane100
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Me and my Wife have just returned from a week in the Sun here and found the Hotel and its staff faultless. There was always plenty of Variation at the All Inclusive Buffet and I was very impressed with the Head Chef who spend as much time as needed with my Wife to let her know which meals contained any Gluten, as she is Gluten Intolerant. There is plenty of entertainment during the day such Aqua Aerobics e.t.c which you can choose to enjoy. Pool is very nice and just the right temperature for a refreshing dip when the heat gets too much!! A little tip would be too visit Mohammeds Shop which is about 100 yards from the Hotel entrance Gates, has some very nice souvenirs and you can also buy Sun Lotion there, all his products are alot cheaper than the hotels or at the medina! Definelty worth a look! Overall a fautless holiday and would definetly reccomend this place to friends!!

1  Thank Holidaybargain
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Tikida Garden Hotel in early June 2013. We found the hotel facilities to be very good. The pool is a good size and there are plenty of sun beds although people do seem to reserve them earlier than they should. Food was excellent with plenty of choice. The only thing we didn't like was the fact that the bars are very smokey in the evening. It's a pity they don't put a lot of tables outside for people to sit and enjoy a drink. (they have lots of room). The staff were excellent and very helpful. Marrakech was amazing. If we ever return to Marrakech we will not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank lacy1951
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We just got back from a week here, had a really lovely time. The activities team were very nice, not pushy into you doing activities. We joined in with water aerobics which was fun! They had tagine lessons by the pool which was nice and moroccan tea tutorials. The food was nice, as vegetarians, it got repetitive and was unaware which was veggie or which was meat. There was signs on majority of things but things like paninis at the pool bar, wasn't specified if vegetarian or not. They have bottled water for free at there emotion,ask for that when you arrive as there is none in the fridge in your room. This hotel was lovely, all the staff was friendly,very clean and relaxing. The entertainment was ok, in one bar there is a man singing which wasn't very good.

Only problem with the hotel:

The shuttle bus doesn't drop you off at the medina, it drops you about 25 minute walk away. Before you have chance to ask the driver, he's gone. Take a map with you as you will need it.

Also, you can't change money back to £ at the hotel, you have to do it the airport. But the hotel failed to give us a receipt so had to pay a lot of money to change it back. The little recipes they give you isn't valid so ask for an official one.

2  Thank Missrasher99
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let's start on the good points:
Animation team are fantastic both during the day and the evening, they are fun and friendly but not pushy.
The pool is cold but it was so refreshing, it has been getting warmer each day as the season leads to summer.
Restaurant staff are brilliant, drinks topped up all the time without asking and very helpful and friendly too - really couldn't fault them.
You can have as many bottles of water from reception as you like (but they're warm).
You don't need to bring any towels at all.
Lots of variety in the food.
Spacious room, t.v. Has one channel playing movies in English, if you want to watch it.
Cocktails are included in all inclusive, well, everything is, they can be a bit hit and miss but I'm happy :)
Beautiful gardens!

Now for the bad...
Our bath had rusty spots
The AC is very loud and rattly and rather rubbish.
Despite the rule of no sunbeds covered in towels before 8, all the good ones are gone by 7 and the rubbish ones are gone by half 7! Nightmare when you just want to relax - never had this problem on holiday before and I've been to many places from dodgy 3* to luxury 5*+!
Maid came begging for a tip whilst we were trying to get showered...
Rooms look clean but after a shower and walking around the room bare foot and my feet were almost black. You can see where dirt has been swept under bed.
Maids start really early, around 7ish and move beds to clean, it's very noisy and annoying!

There's probably more to say and the hotel asked us to fill out feedback forms so I guess it shows they are aware that some things need to change. All in all it is a lovely hotel, I've just been to other 4* hotels with much better standards. There are newer rooms, but if course if you travel with Thomson's you get the cheapest rooks possible :) I've heard the new rooms have much better AC.

1  Thank Ellen L
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is up there with some of the best that we have ever experienced. The staff were all extremely welcoming and happy. In fact, the smiles and warmth of welcome exceeded the Moroccan summer sun. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff.
Whilst there it was my birthday, something that the reception staff had gleaned from my passport details. I was presented at dinner with a table decorated with rose petals and a candle plus a bottle of champagne and a cake, along with a Moroccan rendition of ''Happy Birthday'' from the waiters.
The pool was lovely and clean and although I am not a swimmer, it was inviting enough for me to take a cooling dip.
Well done and a big THANK YOU to all of the staff.

1  Thank Dave W