We stayed at this hotel for one week starting from 9th May 2013. Once we got checked in which was late at night all I wanted to do was sleep so off we went to our clean looking room. Cut a long story short one of the pillows I was sleeping on (which I never checked) was heavily blood stained got up in the night,to use the loo when I noticed it, reception said they would send another pillow over to me, which they did but on further inspection all they had done was replace the pillowcase, the pillow underneath was still the blood stained one!! So, wasn't too impressed, Thompson rep didn't even seem interested. Spent the first two days of my holiday worried about this blood I had slept on.
Food at the hotel was good. Beautiful gardens and a lovely pool area. If you do any of the organised trips bare in mind that the half day trip to the Souks and Medina include a very long spell inside a spice room where you are obliged to stay. we spent over one hour in this room on a very hot day!! You are also not allowed to buy anything from the souks during this trip in case you (get lost) so I was told by the guide every time I stopped to buy something.
I notice that someone else has mentioned the La Carre Rouge, that is the suspicious building in the grounds of the hotel which apparently turns into a brothel for the locals. Had I known that this was the case, I would never, ever have stayed at the Tikida Gardens it is such a shame that a lovely hotel should have immoral practices right on its doorstep. I am also annoyed that we are not told this at the welcome meeting.(just so we can stay clear of it) as I know some people from the Tikida go in there just to see what it is. I checked with some of the staff to ask about this building and it is confirmed that it is used for prostitution .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive Hotel Riu Tikida Garden opens all year round and lies 3 km from the old inner town of Marrakech, a vibrant metropolis with approx. 800 000 inhabitants, lying at the foot of the Atlas mountains. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal because of its proximity to Marrakech-Menara Airport RAK (7 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 257 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa or get in shape at the fitness center. 1 outdoor pool, 1 indoor pool and 1 children's pool. For the youngest guests there is the RiuLand Kids Club (ages 4-7 & 8-12 years) and for adults, day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant and Moroccan specialty restaurant, 2 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Tikida Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Tikida Garden Hotel Marrakech
- Le Tikida Garden Marrakech
- Hotel Le Tikida Garden
- Tikida Garden Marrakech