We stayed for five nights at this hotel, rather more than a Riad. Reasonably situated in the Medina it is a very well appointed property which has recently been extended. When one contemplates what these improvements must have cost the tarrif is very fair but this is not an economy destination. We found everything about this place spot on (not usual for me -see my other reviews). Top class reception, very friendly staff, and trained to a level more commensurate to 5 stars than this moderately sized establishment.
I was surprised by the previous entry criticising lunch, we were out for lunch, but ate twice in the restaurant for dinner which was by any standards very good and stylish cooking. Actually the hot dessert souffle was really close to brilliant!
We had one session at the cookery school which was a bit expensive but properly organised and fun. This was held at their outlying centre in the Palmeraie with pleasant gardens and an attractive swimming pool.
You are probably getting the idea I really rate this place. You are right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech