Don't be put off by the approach from the road! This is a truly gorgeous character hotel in a great central location in the Medina, which gave us the flavour of Marrakech we wanted, combined with making life easy for us as first time visitors so that we explored and did all we wanted to do without feeling that we had been ripped off. From our welcoming and very personal check-in while sat on sofas, enjoying the peace and beauty of one of the many candlelit courtyards with free welcome drinks after the busy and hot wait to go through Passport Control at the airport, the staff generally were excellent and very kind. The excellent staff at reception got to know us personally very quickly and were particularly helpful - they responded to every request with immediate attention, and helped us to see what we wanted, organising a lovely driver to take us on a personally devised tour out of Marrakech, and for a horse drawn caliche (requested with well treated and fed horses only) at only a little more than the going rate which after all is a few pounds extra at most, so took the hassle out of trying to find decent people and negotiate and all done at short notice, which meant we had experienced and nice people to show us the sights. Equally, when we wanted to explore on our own, they gave us every help to do so easily. The hotel itself is an oasis of peace and the architecture is beautiful so it is incredibly relaxing, especially at night with candles lit everywhere. Our 10 year old daughter is Type 1 diabetic so travelling means extra pressure in relation to having the right type of food when we need it if she has an unexpected hypo (low blood sugar),and everyone could not have been kinder or more helpful, bringing us hot milk and biscuits quickly at any time of the day or night. Having the Spa on hand there was great for treatments when the weather let us down, and the Country Club was a nice extra although sadly the weather was more cloudy than sunny during our time there. Our suite - The Chem - was superb, and we had a lovely roof terrace with hot tub and views of the Atlas Mountains and the Katoubia, but they kindly lit a fire in the fireplace of our sitting room in the evening when it was chilly so it was also cosy. All in all, we made the best use of our room and the hotel facilities from anywhere we have stayed, and although we are lucky enough to have stayed at some lovely luxury hotels, this was one where they did not seem to be trying to get every last cent out of you. The staff gave my husband a lovely Birthday serenade, cake and drinks without being told it was his Birthday, made my daughter a chicken sandwich for the airport when I asked what was there and mentioned I was worried about the timing of our flight in relation to her meals, and would not take any payment, and translated a letter into French for me to give security at the airport explaining about her radio controlled insulin pump which cannot go through the X-ray scanner. The hotel atmosphere seemed genuinely personal and all about the well-being of the guest, with all but a very few of the staff wanting to give the best service to its guests, and make their trip the best it can be. We would genuinely say this is a great place with lovely food that lives up to all of its good reviews and more, and we are so happy we chose it. It is truly lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech