My girlfriend and I spent four fantastic nights here recently for my 50th birthday celebration. Marrakech was wonderful and exotic, and the hotel made our stay equally memorable. We had read the good reviews before making our booking, but the hotel surpassed our expectations.
The service, from the moment we arrived to when we left, was exceptional - all the staff was friendly, attentive, and nothing was too much trouble. I have stayed in a lot of top hotels around the world - La Maison Arabe ranks as one of the best, in terms of service. They have managed to combine luxury with that special, personal touch.
All the little touches, that many institutions find so difficult to accommodate, seem to come naturally to the staff here. Nothing was too much trouble. For example, when we asked one morning about where best to buy some bottled water, we were promptly presented with two bottles for free. When we asked whether we could order dinner from one of the two restaurants to be brought to our room (as we preferred the menu to the room service menu), we were reassured, without hesitation, that it would be no problem at all. I know what the answer would have been in a lot of hotels.
We were even given a local mobile phone to use for free on our daily trips around the souks, in case we got lost (which we did once or twice). As we were leaving the hotel on the last day to go to the airport, the manager heard us talk about buying some biscuits or sweets at the airport, as gifts, and suggested to us that it would be much cheaper to buy these in town. He then instructed the hotel driver to take us to a local patisserie before taking us on to the airport. By the way, he was right, of course. We were also given a late check-out at no extra charge as our flight was not until late afternoon.
The hotel itself is beautifully decorated with charm and elegance. There are lots of lovely, secluded areas, where you can chill and relax. There is so much character in every corner of this hotel that was apparently put together from several riads. We stayed in a spacious and tranquil, deluxe room with our own balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. It would have been nice to have spent more time taking advantage of our lovely balcony, but we were too busy exploring Marrakech.
The food in the restaurants was also very good. We ate in the hotel as well as in the top ranked restaurant in Marrakech, and we had lovely meals in both. Dinner around the candle-lit pool in the hotel, whilst being serenaded by Moroccan musicians, is a must for romance.
Breakfast is also served around the pool. Although we could have had breakfast served to us on our own balcony as well, we didn't take advantage of that option as it was so lovely to start the day with a relaxing breakfast around the pool in the morning. The restaurant staff, as elsewhere in the hotel, were very friendly, and attentive without being intrusive.
The hotel also has a great spa - the spa itself is a lovely candle-lit grotto. My girlfriend and I both had very good treatments there.
Location-wise, the hotel is located conveniently about 10-15 mins walk from the Djemaa el-Fna square, so it is close enough to all the sights, but also tucked away in a quieter corner.
We would definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to stay there if we visit Marrakech again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech