“What a beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 504 Hotels in Marrakech
Sydney
“What a beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed twice within a week during our trip in Morocco. Maison Arabe had some competition from some other beautiful hotels in Fes and Ouarzazate, but overall we voted this the best we stayed at: service, ambience, comfort...

Room Tip: They are all lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saintgibby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently went to Marrakesh and stayed at La Maison Arabe. I somehow got booked in this beautiful suite. The room is well apponted with traditional Moroccan furnishing. The service at the hotel was amazing and they attended to your every whim with a smile. For example, I informed that I was heading out to the souk on my own (as a single woman) and without prompting they provided me with a local cell phone to insure that if I needed help I could easily reach the hotel and have someone come get me. I also had a massage at the hotel and took a cooking class. All the services were amazing. I boarded my flight home completely relaxed and now I know how to prepare a chicken tagine (having learned from one of the best)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Paradox646
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay in this really lovely Riad. We stayed in a patio side suite (room 216) which had a delightful private patio overlooking the pool. The room was lovely, spacious and very well equipped, (it was up two flights of fairly steep stairs which may be a problem for some) There was a very spacious bathroom. Housekeeping was exceptional and the whole house was spotless, attention to the smallest detail was evident. There is a lovely pool (guide books and websites say there isn't one - I believe it was added recently) and a lovely shady sun deck for when the medina is a little too much! We were made very welcome when we arrived and were shown around the house, it is a bit of a warren as it is several houses made into one, so there are little stair cases and patios around the place.

Breakfast is lovely, taken by the pool there is a wide choice, including the lovely fruit and yogurt, cooked to order Moroccan crepes and eggs and lovely homemade bread, pastries and jams. Also it is served until 11am which is great if you like to lie in.

We ate in both restaurants and the food is good, especially if you are a tagine fan! The service is good, however one night the restaurant appeared to be overbooked and we had to wait a considerable time to be seated. The piano bar is lovely, comfortable and very good cocktails! Moroccan wine is very good and matches the food well - there was a good wine list

We took advantage of the country club which is delightful, lovely pool and beautiful gardens, a great place to chill and have a spot of lunch.

One of the highlights of our stay in Marrakech ( there were a few!) was our experience of the Hammam. We booked a the Hammam and massage package which was just a brilliant experience, really relaxing and highly professional service. we were so well looked after.

We didn't experience the cooking school - however we saw the participants coming and going and everyone appeared to be having a great time - there was lots of laughter and clapping - if we had longer we would have given it a go!

As our flight was late in the day, we were provided with a day room so we could relax completely - this was arranged willingly and efficiently and was very much appreciated. Also our exit cards were prepared for us so we didn't have to do it - one of the thoughtful things that make life a little easier

I would highly recommend and hope that you enjoy as much as we did!

Room Tip: Our room (216) was quiet, with a lovely private patio with a view of the pool and an internal patio...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Nospringchicken
Somerset UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a wonderful Riad, stunningly beautiful, spotlessly clean, the staff were brilliant so kind and helpful,nothing was to much trouble, The food was excellent, breakfast was leisurely and plentiful, with something for all, the homemade yoghurt was superb with the yummy fruit. The Country Club is a "oasis" of such perfection,set in lovely gardens, again wonderful staff, fab food, amazing facilities, it is hard to believe you are still in Marrakech. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay Marrakech was just incredible, buzzing, colourful and we were at ease walking and exploring on our own, though we did have a guide for a few hours to take us into the Souks and some of the architectural gems. To return to relaxing La Maison Arabe at the end of the day was just the ticket. Do enjoy the Mint Tea!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool and restaurant area does mean that you can hear some noise but it is not intr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank EcclesSomersetUK
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We chose La Maison Arabe as it looked really authentic. The other reviews all sang praises and as one who writes good and bad reviews this ticked the boxes.

None of the other reviews say anywhere what this should say. I have travelled the world in 5star hotels but have never seen the level of attention we are getting here. Yes I write this from Hillel suite overlooking the pool as we go into our 4th and final night.

On arrival I knew you walked up an unassuming alley to a Riad made of many houses. But when you step inside, this place has blown me away. My bags were taken, no silly ticket, a tour of the property and a fantastic drink delivered with love from the barman, the bags a moment later.

The room is exquisite, we are not in the largest suite or even have a balcony, but the French doors are open a breeze is flowing in and the air conditioning is off right now. When we have used it the room is cool in minutes.

There are more wardrobes than we have at home, the bathroom in marble with double sink ticks all my boxes. I have a thing about bathrooms, you have to have a decent shower and great towels. La Maison Arabe not only has these but they are in plenty, changed twice a day.

The room has complimentary bottled water replenished whenever you leave the room.

We have tried both restaurants, not a single critique, it was just right every time. The staff so friendly, the manager has a 'nothing is too much trouble attitude' and passes this to the staff.

The Hammam, well I think this was a little piece of paradise hiding in the lower ground floor. I will be back without question.

If there were 6 stars to give this would get them. Number 1 in Marrakech? Well we went to other 5 star hotels here and found they were just too pretentious for my liking. La Maison Arabe has been the most wonderful experience since we stepped off the plane and were met by their driver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool or even with a private patio. Each looks better than the last!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Neither of us had been to Marrakech before, and I'm so glad that we chose La Maison Arabe as the setting for my birthday treat. The hotel is a beautiful, relaxing oasis in the middle of a hot, exciting and bustling city, and it is a pleasure to arrive there, and be greeted by courteous, smiling staff. As soon as the wonderful staff found out about my birthday they went out of their way to make our stay very special.
That personal attention to our every need distinguishes La Maison Arabe from any other hotel we have experienced - right down to the completed embarkation cards handed to us as we left.
Thank you so much - we will return!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I wasn't feeling well at all. Thepeople at Maison Arabe were so kind, friendly, and interested in my welfare, which seemed quite sincere. The room was so attractive and comfortable, the location excellent, the food wonderful ( for a while, much of it room service). I highly recommend this Riad, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: They all seemed good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family