I stayed in this excellent hotel/Riad in September 2012 and I have to say this is one of the best accommodations I've ever stayed in. The service was not only the best service I've gotten in Morocco (and I've been around in Casablanca, Tangier, Rabat, Oujda, Ouarzazate, all in branded hotels); the service was first class by international standards. The staff were all friendly and helpful, all spoke excellent English, with nothing but smiles on their faces. The amenities were great too, the hotel restaurant had really good selections and not just local Moroccan dishes (which were also really good). In fact, my wife was able to join their live cooking classes they have twice daily and it was a great experience for her; they even went out to buy the ingredients fresh with the chef instructor (the class was free by the way even with the final product, which is a free gift). The breakfast was good with modest selections, up to international standards, with a homemade yogurt that was really good! The hotel apparently has a separate country club which I assumed was a spa and health center in a different building, they have a shuttle that leaves to and fro every hour (i didn't check it out but I assume is great). The best part was the excellent attention to detail in design, you really feel like you're back in time at some Andalucian high class palace or something. My room opened up to a small roof-less enclosure with a very small fountain in the middle with actual roses floating in the basin; the enclosure had nice furniture to sit on and enjoy some afternoon tea and snacks after a day of sightseeing (which the staff would suggest when we would come in). The room itself was decorated with beautiful oil paintings and nice furniture designed to look like antiques. The room was fully equipped to international standards. The location of the hotel is doesnt do it justice, because it seems like any other ally in crowded Marrakech but its actually a 10 minute walk from the Medina and all the best sights in Marrakech (which you shouldn't miss while visiting). Do check out this hotel, it's pricey but definitely well worth the money...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech