Hotel Central Palace
Hotel du Tresor(Marrakech)
L'Heure d'Ete(Marrakech)
La Gazelle(Marrakech)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 20, 2012

On our return from Taghia we stayed for one night at Central palace, we left our excess luggage at the hotel and went on a 3 day camel tour, on our return we stayed for 3 more days.
Rooms where clean, price was ok. 250DM (25 Eur.) for one night in a room with shower, breakfast was very good for a price of 25DM! (2,5 Eur.) Personnel was very helpful, if u don't plan to spend your vacation in a hotel room this is excellent option, and yes it's ONE minute walk from Jemaa el-Fnaa!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vedran1712
Reviewed March 10, 2012

A friend and myself arrived in Marrakesh by train after spending a week in Rabat and Dar Bouazza. I had read about Hotel Central Palace on Lonely Planet and decided to give it a whirl. Because of budget constraints we stayed in a double room without toilet or shower. There was a sink in our room. I did not mind going the shower on our floor to save the extra money.

The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. I think they clean their floors about 5 times day. Check in was very fast and the receptionist spoke good English. As other reviewers have indicated they give you a big block of wood with the key on it. My friend and I never dropped it off at the desk when we left for the souks.Instead we would keep it in our purse.

The hotel was just a short walk to the main square. It was a nice haven to come back to after spending a long day in the souks. The hotel had a couple men keeping watch to make sure unwanted people would not enter the hotel. I felt very safe. We ate at the cafe upstairs several times during our stay and the waiter was very friendly with us.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lolastars
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed here twice, at the start and end of our trip, for a total of 8 nights. The first room included shower and toilet. Whilst it's nice to have a private toilet, the showers are right over the top so after showering, it takes a whole day for the toilet to dry (in winter). The second time around, we took just a room with a bed, and shared facilities (which were maintained well and always clean). At 155dh per night (15 euros), this was an absolute bargain. Toilet paper is supplied generously, however they seem to often run out of towels.

The location, right next to the Djemma el Fna, meant we could have as many adventures as we liked without hassle. However, though many reviewers have mentioned how noisy it was, it didn't bother us at all.

Rooms were very clean, beds fairly old but comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone after a cheap, clean, central and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PrincessBella67
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Folow LP direction but before taking this hotel make some other viewings around. There are a lot of cheap hotels in this perfect location.

Good location, nice roof terrace, but the noise during the night (from outside and inside) won't let you rest after hot and busy Marrakech day. The last night there I couldn't sleep at all and I had to take my 8 am. flight back to Madrid and later that day to Dublin without a minute of sleep.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are cooler but noisier.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tadas_juozonis
Reviewed May 5, 2011

First impression was good, looked clean, and my room as a group leader looked spotless, I had towels and toiletpaper..Unfortunatly after closer inspection the room for the group where not as great..and also no hot water.. They had to shower in eachother room or on different levels..
Also the noise travels inmense, when people heading back to the rooms later in the evening..do bring earplugs!
Unfortunatly my room had bedbugs..When I confronted the staff behing the desk about this the reaction was, that they did not believe it...even after showing the bites ( mainly on the arms, neck and face) they told me I came in with them before even sleeping in the hotel!!
I had taken photos of the problem, and after showing this, they recognised the issue..
Thanks to my contact person we stayed in a lovely hotel nearby during the rest of our stay!

Ps..The keys are openly displaced on the desk, and be aware anyone can just grap the key, and make the way into your room, we took the big block of wood off, and just held the key with us to solve this..

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business