WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Best price in Jemaa-el-Fna , Marrakech, Morocc” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mimosa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Mimosa
Ranked #339 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
“Best price in Jemaa-el-Fna , Marrakech, Morocc”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

very friendly personnel price is unbelievably low 80 Dirham one single 150 dirham double center of old town close to bazaar not very deluxe but clean and fresh for price shower and wc is outside but they have also shower inside double for 200 Dirham I required

Room Tip: 3rd floor when its not the groups
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AlounakNice

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mountains of Oz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

In Marrakech we stayed in three Riads/Hotels, this was by far the worse. The rooms are OK, location is excellent. The issues are staff attitude. Take for example, we had just arrived from an overnight in the desert & wanted to have a shower. I asked at the desk if we could arrange some towels. The reply was "this is a cheap hotel, we do not have towels". Considering the Hotel Aday was cheaper, but did provide towels and a friendly attitude, you know where our future trips to Marrakech will be accomodated. Even in the cheapest places in India you can get a towel. I do not mind paying for the use of one if that is the system, but the attaitude here was awful. We had our shower in the grubby little room for the purpose & had I though of it at the time I should have stood at the front desk dripping until a towel was produced :)

Maintaince is a word not well understood in hotels like this in Morocco.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Finale Ligure, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

A cheap and APPARENTLY clean hotel. We spent there the last night of our 3-weeks-trip around Morocco and had a very bad surprise. In the morning we woke up with the whole body covered by INSECT BITES and TERRIBLY ITCHY. We immediately checked the cover and as we shaked the sheets we found out that our bed was full of ticks who were running up and down our bed. When I told this to the director he wasn't surprised at all and answered: "It happens very often when some clients go to the mountains and then come here, they can bring these insects who grow up in the warm bedroom...we'll wash the sheets and the cover." After this I asked: "Don't you normally wash the sheets after the clients departure???" and he told me:"No! Of course we can't wash them every time!! If the sheets are clean we don't change them! But now that you told me that they're dirty, we'll change them!"
During our trip we slept in a berber tent in the desert, on the trains and in a Moroccan house in the mountains...I suggest you all these accomodation, but Hotel Mimosa NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marianna s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

we stayed there for couple of days, and they kept our luggage while we were on tour for 4 days.
very good position, not even that loud (you're still in Marrakech!), clean and cheap.
From the roof you can see the djemaa el fna square, an you have a nice view of the city roofs.
I would raccomand that hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I arrived in Marrakech and was immediately assaulted by people trying to get money out of me any way they could. Just walking across the plaza, my head spun with how monstrous the tourist business is in the city. I definitely would have had a difficult time with it all had it not been for Hotel Mimosa.

Not only are they cheap (8 euros for a single room), they are the friendliest hotel people I have ever encountered. I hung out with them every day and feel like I got my authentic Moroccan experience just being at the hotel. They directed me to the good sites, the good restaurants and cut me a good deal for a two-day trip to the desert.

All in all, you really cannot do better than this hotel. I wish there were more like it all over the world. It would make the choice of where to stay an easy one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BenAgain
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

After spending one night at the hotel french cafe in Marrakesch (ok, but loud) I went to the above mentioned. One night was less than 8€, the room (2 persons but only single price) was clean and the hotel was with a 1 min walk to the main spuare of Marrakesch very central. Although the washrooms were not much better than expected for that price, I can recomment it. The personal was very helpful and friendly. They had balcony on top of the building for free use.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Soulseeker80
Belgique
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Nice hotel just next to the main part of the city .It is cheap and the rooms are ok. Some of them are with bathroom included and other not.Hot shower is free which is not always the case in other hotels in Marocco.

The man who books reservations is very friendly and likes to tell people about his culture.

I recommend to book a room in the inner courtyard and not with view in the street because those ones are very noisy!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple