New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #465 of 512 Hotels in Marrakech
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Not a 4 start hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in first week of September 2013 and the best part of the hotel was the swimming pool and bar area.

I had booked the holiday via Travelzoo which described it as a 4 start hotel and we upgraded to a family suite when confirming our booking. What we actually got was a double room with a third bed added below the table. Inevitably the person on the third bed kept banging their head against the TV!

There were a list of rules in the room which we found hilarious. You can't bring drinks or food from outside or they would charge you. You can't use the hotel towels in the swimming pool (but we did anyway!).

As some people have already pointed out the hotel has not been maintained very well and things are broken or falling apart. Lighting was out in most of the corridors. Our room was also in a similar state. The carpet had burn marks from an iron and the skirting boarsd were all coming apart from the walls, paint was peeling off and there appeared to be damp patches that had not been painted over. The toilet and shower had lumps of concrete applied where things had broken.

The aircon didn't really work but luckily all of our party enjoyed the heat that week (38 degrees) and the little bit of cool air we did get from the aircon helped to keep us cool with the balcony doors open at night.

The toilet did not flush properly and had to hold down the flush for ages for it to work so during the day we used the toilet in the main hotel lobby which were not much better as the lights were not working in the female toilets and one did not have a working lock.

Breakfast was a nightmare! If you woke up early there was hardly anything there but on the last day we went for a late breakfast at 9.00am and there was so much more choice. It is obviously not for early birds.

There are some plus sides. The pool was good and clean. The cleaners were really good and always willing to help. The bar staff were also friendly and happy to make you whatever you want.

We found some amazing places to eat round the corner so had our meals outside whenever we could and bought our water from the Shell garage.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade and pay for a Suite as you will only get the standard room with another bed added...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KDS12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful, I booked a room wth double bed and given room with two single beds, when asked to change the room I was told they don't have any with double beds available at that time, after two days of asking I just gave up. The single beds in the room are uncomfortable and needed to be replaced as the base of bed was broken and lopsided. The only place to get WIFI is in the lobby area of the hotel which is also the only indoor area of the hotel you can smoke (I presume you can't smoke in your room as didn't see any ashtrays), as a non smoker I had to get everyones second hand smoke if I wanted to use the WIFI. The breakfast is so basic it can't constitute a continental breakfast ( thank goodness for the restaurants around the hotel or I would have starved), didn't try their dinners again so basic, 2 choices. After 2 day the soap which is the tiny hotel soaps was running out and room cleaning didn't leave any. I had to ask 3 times for soap, when someone did eventually come to the room and I asked she couldn't understand english, I had to show her the last bit I had left so she understood what I meant. I also found that the cleaning of the room was haphazard, bathroom still has long dark hairs on bathroom floor the entire of my stay which means they don't clean very well. As I don't speak French and only English I felt that the staff didn't give you a second thought and weren't as helpful to you as they were to guest that spoke French. Case in point wanted a massage and the lady giving the massage couldn't understand english and I couldn't understand her as she spoke French so I ended up walking out without getting a massage. All in all I can't and won't recommend this hotel to anyone ever. In my short experience of traveling I must say this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in. Next I come to Marrakech I will spend 3 to 5 the money to have a better hotel. This hoetl is meant to be a mid range hotel, I wouldn't call it a mid range hotel, I can't even call it a low budget hotel, I would go with no budget hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin G

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and from the beginning to the end it was an excellent place to stay.
The staff were friendly and plenty to do. The reception staff helped when I had a problem and he went out of his way to help.
I must admit the food was not great but there was a restaurant just next to the hotel which had great food. It was about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the main city with the souks and getting a taxi was a bit of a problem but very helpful Moroccans helped to get a taxi for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Khon Kaen Province, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have just read some recent reviews of the Amine Hotel, and can hardly believe the negative and
in my opinion,false reports. I have stayed in the Amine on 3 different occasions. Each time I was
welcomed by the friendly Reception staff. Two of which remembered me. The rooms are
perfectly comfortable and clean. They are serviced every day, by efficient and friendly staff.
My last stay was Winter (jan'12) and I found that room heaters were working.
The pool area is superb, with large pool, and Bar facilities at reasonable price. Also the tropical
garden and green lawns, are a pleasure to be around. Also saw many young families and kids
enjoying the pool area. The breakfast is the usual buffet affair, but a wide choice of pastries,
boiled eggs, toast and very drinkable coffee and juice. The small bar is nice for a quiet beer
before venturing further. Taxi directly out side will take you to jema elfana for 15dirams.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the south side facing the pool the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Just dreadful! From the incredibly rude receptionist, to the broken air conditioning this hotel is just awful. The room was terrible; broken fixtures, window broken, air conditioning didn't work, shower broken...the list goes on. We had booked for 7 nights; we stayed for 12 hours!!!! The pool guy was lovely - very apologetic about the lack of towels etc., and the porter was friendly. Would never ever stay here again, and would never recommend it. No spa or hammam despite being advertised on the website. Awful!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ejwyatt
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Definitely not a 4*. Arrived to a pool with no water, air conditioning not working despite being told it was and probably the worst room I have ever stayed in.
Rooms were dirty and in dire need of upgrading, there was no fridge or safe in room and pool bar prices were the most expensive I encountered during the whole stay, including restaurants in the market. Water was always lukewarm and the shower holder was broken so you had to hold it yourself to have a shower. The beds had weird pillows, either a sausage shape or square pillow so was very hard to get comfortable.
We did ask to be moved but apparently there were no other rooms free.
The pool was cleaned and filled in a few days but half of the beds were broken and there were not enough for all the guests. You had to get out ridiculously early to try and get one. Instead they gave you mattresses which were dark grey and got incredibly hot in the sun meaning if your towel did not cover you got burnt if you touched it.
The staff weren’t very friendly, they seemed to favour the French guests. A few warmed to us after a few days but were initially not very welcoming.
Location wise was a bit far out from the hub and buzz of everything. Not expensive in cabs but still hassle to get one each day and not pay way over the odds.
Advertised bar and massage salon but neither were ever open.
Would definitely go to Morocco again but would not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was just like you sitting on TripAdvisor seeing the reviews but after going myself I have discovered this hotel is not for families. Stayed for 5 days booked by thomas cook and this wasnt what I expected

*air conditioning doesn't work
*ants in the room
*bad breakfast NOT CONTINENTAL
*rude reception staff
*not worth the money
*no fridge bottle water £1.5o!!!! When local is 50p
*no safe in the room
*rooms hallways outside very dark and creepy
*no kids pool
*cats near restaurant and inside to

This is not a 4* hotel its a 1*