“Don't believe it”

Hotel Amine
Ranked #458 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
“Don't believe it”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was very worried about going to this hotel after reading some of the reviews like faulty towers of Marrakech . But I stayed for one week from 7 - 14 th march and found that it was good value for money all public areas were pleasant and clean, all staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I would say is that the rooms need updating but overall good value.

Room Tip: Not ground floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Becci2212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Hiya we were a group of girls staying here staff made us feel very welcome and friendly .pool area is lovely .hotel is gd value for money.could do with a little updating .only downfall was patio doors if on ground floor as only a hook to lock it so not very secure .only other thing is u can hear cleaners very early in morning outside cleaning .would defo stay here again thou .gd value for money .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Krew123
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, we had a family room which was really big, was nice and quiet, I stayed with my mum and my two children.
The hotel itself is about ten minute bus/taxi journey from the main square but I found it easy to get around and I was with two children under 10
When we arrived reception staff very helpful and the porter took our bags to our room.
Reception staff - extremely helpful, drew me a map to get around, told me which bus to get, how much it should cost, etc etc
Bar/restaurant staff - friendly and very helpful .... Talking and joking with my children, bringing hot milk for children to make hot chocolate, bringing me a cup of English tea in the mornings
I really liked the food, hot soups, cous cous, spaghetti, salads, tagines, and for breakfast, hot pancakes ... Selections of bread salad and meat
Pool area - kids loved it, big pool, clean .. A little cold but it was march !!
We really liked this hotel and had a great time, helped by the fact the staff were all so friendly and helpful

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jujuju42
Southern England
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here on the first and last night of a 6 day tour of Morocco. The hotel is a little dated but clean. The porter and the receptionist were very helpful but the waiters and bar staff looked like they just could not be bothered. The food was average but edible although the restaurant was very cold. Rooms clean, tidy but again rather dated. Having said all that a good place to start or end a trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheStatesman
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was sold this hotel as 4 star from ice lolly.com ..it's no more than a 2 star .old furniture .bedding . Really bad breakfast menu ...if don't mind paying and for a 3/4 star and getting a 2star. Then this is or u ..

Room Tip: Defo a no no waste of money ...pic of he hotel have been photo shop .....no clean at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amjid H

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Travelled 16/11/12 - 23/11/12

When I looked on Trip Advisor, I did have my doubts and was extremely concerned when I booked it, and thought what the heck everyone has an opinion. I arrived there by taxi from the airport (150DH) I was met with security guy who gave me my key (Room 220) Took a bit of time to find it.
When I got in the room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and the bathroom was OK. Only English channel on TV is BBC World News. (Wasn't planning on spending much time indoors anyway.) Explored hotel and to be honest it wasn't that bad. The women in the bar was nice and friendly, and the old man waiter in dinning room was very helpful, may be i was tipping him to much. Breakfast is OK, and dinner too. But after awhile in Marrakesh you tend to get sick of cous cous, and targine.

The shower was powerful, however was cold in the morning. Spoke to reception that evening and they put the water on early for me the next day. I found the beds comfortable and clean. The cleaners were nice. They did go into my cupboards and I left my ipod on charger, but nothing was taken. The pool area, and foyer and bar are nice.

I got a taxi back to the airport no problem, just book 1/2 hr before you really want to go just to be safe. They let me put my bags in a secure area round the back as I had an evening flight.

For 6DH you can get a bus into the square from across the road, or a taxi for 20-30DH or you can even walk it, takes about 30-45mins depending on how fast you walk.

Oh and there is a bank right outside the hotel to get your cash out,

All in all I did enjoy my stay here, however the rest of the trip was.......... well let just say an experience.!!!

Room Tip: Ask for 220, not much of a view from the balcony, except for an orange tree,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Kesh P
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel amine for 5 nights. Our first impression was not very good, in the dark it can feel oppressive and and a bit scary...but the staff were very welcoming! The rooms are a little shabby and in need of updating, but they were clean enough and the communal areas were all kept clean and nice. We stayed on a half board basis, the food was very good. Always enough choice and plenty to keep us full. The desk staff are always willing to help by putting you in touch with a good taxi driver. For lunch, its only a 2 min walk to zine chame restaurant, well recommended.

• Stayed February 2013