Hotel Amine
Relais & Châteaux
$1,058
$1,022
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked on the internet for a week's break (18-25th January). When I arrived at the 4-star hotel I found:-

a shabby hotel, no lights on the stairs, a half inch gap in patio door, cold room (I had 4 blankets on the bed), plug didn't fit bath, water tepid, gym closed (no equipment) hotel shop closed, monotonous, mediocre food and for the most part unhelpful Receptionists.

I could go on, but all I would say is: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Rosie - West Sussex

Room Tip: The hotel needs a total overhaul and to be managed properly.
4  Thank mosnes
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having negotiated the 1001 rip offs which is Marrakech and put up with the shortcomings of the Hotel Amine for a week, the Reception staff finally got to me on the last day.

Despite booking a late check out for my night time return flight the nincompoop on the front desk insisted on being given 200DH (no receipt) to have my room an extra 6 hours after the standard noon check out time. Not only that, but I was charged a further 40DH for a .33l of lager I had with a meal and 6DH for a local call to book my return transfer. This was a shame for the Housekeeping and Waiting staff, who had done a very good job, as there was little left to give them a reasonable tip!

When departure time came I was in the lobby 20mins before the agreed airport transfer pick up time – over 31/2 hours before the plane took off from the airport just 5 miles away. The transfer, by Resort Hopper, never came. A call to the Hopper Rep was wasted as he said one thing whilst I knew they never turned up. The Receptionists could not have been less helpful and I was left to my own devices and initiative to get to the airport with virtually no money. I despair for anyone who was less resourceful.

I would recommend that no one use this hotel until the Reception staff have all been replaced with people who want to be there and who know something about customer service. It would also be useful to know that the kitchen staff have learned to do something else with the meager budget they are given to produce meals besides boiling everything to a tasteless mush - when they go too far the grey gruel is only served up as soup.

So, sorry to say, whilst the hotel has potential, none of it was realized and I would recommend spending a little extra elsewhere….anywhere but the Hotel Amine.

Also, without any doubt, never put your trust in Resort Hopper. Even rip-off Moroccan taxis, and they are the worst, would have been cheaper and more reliable than Resort Hopper. Glad to have made it home.

2  Thank Clive V
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel looks fine from the outside, and I'm a great believer in "you get what you pay for" but ...
UNPLEASANT stench of stale cigarettes permeating the building.
UNHELPFUL receptionist: on our arrival at 21.45 stating dining room closed (22.00 on hotel details), advising two female guests that it was safe to walk to nearby shop to buy snacks, where we were mugged at knifepoint.
UNACCEPTABLE level of hostility and lack of sympathy from receptionist when we reported said mugging, stating we shouldn't have worn shoulder bags but only carried cash in our pockets.
UNEATABLE food in the dining room (or as we renamed it, the dungeon) unless parties of Japanese tourists staying, when it improved marginally.
UNDENIABLY stupid of me not to have taken heed of the many bad reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor prior to booking a package with last minute.com.
UNDOUBTEDLY never returning to Marrakech, and to warn as many travellers as possible not to stay at the Hotel Amine.

Room Tip: If you are foolish enough to stay here, choose a third floor room with pool view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifran
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed 20 to 27 January. Arrived 2130 hrs first night but no food provided. Next day supper consisted of anorexic chicken. Lived on bread and cold stewed coffee for breakfast each day and very little choice of anything decent for supper. Patio door draughty. Very good hotel if you want to loose weight. Staff not very friendly except for one member of security staff and cleaners. Fitness or shop not open. Don't waste your money on this hotel.

Room Tip: Lower rooms are very dark and cold
1  Thank 829Limerick1
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, unfortunately I read a review after we had booked it saying it was "The Fawlty Towers" of Morocco, this was so true.
We managed to stay 1 night but could not do anymore. The best part of the hotel is the pool and Gardens. Inside it is very dated and shabby, dirty towels, ripped towels, dirty rooms, cold and very dingy. We went in January and the evenings were chilly, the heating in the hotel didnt come on till 7.00 pm, we had to eat, in the basement restaurant, wearing our outdoor coats, there were some people there with gloves and hats on.
Food was very basic and most the staff, apart from maybe 2 were rude, it was as if they didnt care.
If this was rated as a 2 star hotel and you were paying 2 star prices then there would not be a problem but they have branded this hotel a 4 star. We moved the next day to a genuine 4 star hotel and the difference was huge.

Room Tip: Don't Go to this Hotel, Opera Plaza Hotel was lovely, beautiful rooms, great location
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends