1,790 results
All reviewsbit datedclose to the airportminute walk to the medinapoolside restaurantgardens are beautifulnice poolpool area istennis courtsmoroccan restaurantfive star hotelold citymint teaatlas mountainsan oasisthe main squareday triptaxi driver
Reviewed September 9, 2014 via mobile

First off (as many others have stated), the hotel could probably use a renovation. Definitely not a US / European 5 star standard, but it's still quite nice - just simply a bit outdated. Keep in mind that it may not meet your initial "Le Meridien" standards.

Used points and SPG suite night awards for a nice suite with a small balcony. Room was very comfortable, wifi reception was solid (although wifi is pretty spotty in other areas of the hotel), and everything was clean and tidy. Only tried the breakfast here (SPG Platinum members receive it for free), and like a lot of other facets of the hotel - it was good, but not great.

Location: the hotel is about a 20 min walk / 20 dirham 5 min cab ride from the Medina. Some people may hate being that far away, others may like having a little distance from the hectic pace of the old city. Personal call here. I for one didn't mind taking the short walk in the morning. There are a few restaurants around the corner, and a huge mall is being built across the street. Overall not a ton of options for dining, but a short walk or cab will get you to some great places (go try Azar!).

If you're using points - definitely not a bad option. Staff was very friendly, too!

FYI paid 70 dirham to the hotel from the airport, 100 dirham heading back to the airport at night (all taxis are more expensive in the evening).

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kbush520
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2014

Dear Kbush520,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that your stay at our property was good. We are also glad of this opportunity to have you as one of our new ambassadors abroad in order to share the true story about our property.

Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

We came to the hotel with high hopes as it is meant to be a 5* and one of the good ones in Marrakech.

However the hotel was distinctly average - the rooms were not clean when we arrived (towels and bed sheets were stained), and the service was very slow. As well as this the rooms were not of a 5* standard in terms of furnishing.

One positive note was the good and the chef, who went out of his way to cater for our dietary requirements.

Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Sahil M
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear Sahil M,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us your feed-back regarding your stay at
Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

Please accept our apologies regarding the quality of service offered, but be sure that we’re dealing with those matters, in order to avoid such incidents in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2014

First time out in Marrakech on a short break with my son I looked at trip advisor for guidance. Having reviewed some of the hotels I had originally been looking at where the official photos just didn’t match the traveller photos I decided to go with a brand where you know at the basic level what you will get.

The Le Meridian is a very good good hotel but there are certainly some areas that could improve. Five star rated it most certainly is but it is not comparable to a 5 * rated hotel in Europe or the Middle East and nor should you expect it to be.

One thing that is certainly 5* is the service. The staff across the hotel were polite, helpful and able to answer and deal with pretty much every request quickly and efficiently. Constantly being asked around the hotel if things were ok, or if I needed anything certainly made you feel well looked after and welcome.

Stayed here on a half board basis so evening meal was included. Breakfast had a great variety and more than enough choice for most palettes. The chef on the egg station gets my thumbs up though for doing a great job, he was eggtastic. Perfect every time.

Evening meals were a buffet, with core ingredients daily, beef, lamb, chicken, vegetable, rice and fish. Food quality was good but if I’m honest I doubt I would book half board again as there just isn’t enough variety in flavours, maybe a grill selection or a change of cuisine would have been nice.

We had lunch one afternoon at the restaurant near the pool and this was disappointing, my son had a pizza which was pretty awful and my beef sandwich I’d say was average and nothing to write home about so food quality here certainly could be better.

On to the room. Good size room with all basic needs covered. Excellent bed providing fantastic sleep quality. Decent pressure on the showers is always welcome rather than the drip you get at some hotels so another plus here. I suppose if I was going to be picky about the room lack of face towels was noted.

The hotel has one decent size pool ranging in depth from 1.2 - 1.6 metres and also a shallow kids pool alongside. The pool was never crowded and if you brave the morning chill of the pool you’d have it all to yourself. Pool area used to get a little busier in the afternoons but mainly with sun worshippers rather than people using the pool. The grounds of the hotel are lovely to wander around and very well maintained and make for a nice relaxing evening stroll.

On a final note. The hotel offers overpriced in room wifi but you do get free wifi in the lobby and the bar. Now this could be a ploy by the hotel to attract guests into the lobby to make it feel lively and if that is the case it works as you’ll see a huge range of laptops, tablets and phone on display and being used. However no free wifi across the hotel is a major let down for me and something that needs addressing.

Overall a nice well located hotel, 15 minutes walking to the Medina and about 20 minutes walking to the new parts of Marrakech. Right opposite a brand new mall and hotel is under construction so will certainly enhance the area and facilities.

Would I stay here again.. yes I would but not with the half board option.

Room Tip: The rooms are spread across the hotel grounds and whilst the room I had was very nice I think next time I would request a ground floor room which also has a patio area in some cases facing the swimming pool..
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nabz72

Dear nabz72,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us some of your memories regarding your stay at
Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have spent enjoyable moments in our property through the service you’ve been offered.

We have noticed your remark regarding the WIFI, but please be informed that those charges are part of the new Starwood hotels standards.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another trip.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I am SPG Ambassador guest and stay over 100 nights in SPG properties each year. This property is just enough. The rooms are a bit outdated, but friendly staff and good food make up for that. The location is great. The value is also very good. If you're on the budget, and still looking for a nice hotel to stay in, this is the place. Not luxuries or close to it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beenover60countries

Dear Beenover60countr,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us your feed-back regarding your stay at
Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have spent a great moments in our property through the service you’ve been offered.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some issues, but be sure that your note was already forwarded to the manager concerned for improvement.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another trip.

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel in February, the location was great, the check in and check out process was smooth. Lovely environment. Only the furniture in the room was a bit old, some renovation will be great.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with many variety.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MehdiK675
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Mehdi K,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We have noticed your remark concerning the room furniture’s, which has been shared with the Top Management.