“Great location”
Review of Le Meridien N'Fis

Le Meridien N'Fis
Ranked #140 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel in February, the location was great, the check in and check out process was smooth. Lovely environment. Only the furniture in the room was a bit old, some renovation will be great.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with many variety.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mehdi K
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Mehdi K,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that your stay at our property was good. We are also glad of this opportunity to have you as one of our new ambassadors abroad in order to share the true story about our property.

We have noticed your remark concerning the room furniture’s, which has been shared with the Top Management.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Our first room was #143. The hallway needs to be updated in this portion of the hotel because the paint was chipped and the walls were banged up. It was a small room and the air conditioning didn't work. We could hear birds chirping all night, which didn't help the sleep quality, on top of a hot room.

On our second night we requested a change to a suite and were given #224. We stayed in this room two nights. In this building the hallway was very nice. We had two bathrooms, a king bedroom, living room, dining table and a large furnished private patio. There was a beautiful, carved heavy wood sliding door that was interesting. In this room, as in the first, the air conditioning did not work. We asked maintenance to fix it, and they said they did, but there was no change in the temperature.

On the beds were very heavy synthetic duvets, which were not appropriate for summer weather, especially given that the air conditioning didn't work.

It was odd that there was no sofa bed in the living room. Our teenage son was with us so they had to bring in a rollaway bed. I had a discussion with a manager upon check-out re extra charges for our son. She said that it was SPG policy to charge extra for children over 12. We stay at SPG's almost exclusively and in the U.S. there are no such charges. I phoned SPG and was told it is up to the individual hotels. I brought this to her attention, and eventually she removed the charges.

Room Tip: Given our experience, I would opt to stay in a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Renery

Dear Renery,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us some of your memories regarding your stay at
Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have spent enjoyable moments in our property through the service you’ve been offered.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some areas in our property, but be sure that your notes was already forwarded to the managers concerned in order to avoid such incidents in the future and meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Good hotel centrally located as far as i could tell. One word of caution make sure the petit taxi or the Grand taxi driver understands 15 dirham, not 50 to the Main square where the souks are.They seem to get 15 and 50 mixed up! i had an argument in the street over this very same thing We had negotiated the price before i got in. Back to the hotel...i would not say it is fabulous but for the price we paid it is very good clean,helpful staff,good food,nice pool,lovely well kept gardens. Surprisingly quiet for the amount of families staying there. Basic breakfast items include fresh fruits,yoghurts,breads/croissants,coffee,tea etc a very pleasant stay. I do agree with previous comments about wifi thought the charges were high but free wifi in main areas.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Elizabeth D,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We have noticed your remark concerning the wifi, but please be informed that those charges are part of the new Starwood hotels standards.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Location and facilities were good but they charged for wifi in the rooms. The breakfast was well presented with plenty of food. Frequently there were no complimentary water and we had to call room service.The rooms were clean but the AC was not very effective. The staff were polite and spoke good english.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Imran C

Dear Imran C,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some areas in our property, as follows:

• The Wifi fees, which are a Starwood hotels standard
• The components of the restaurant’s menu, but be sure that your notes was already forwarded

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a year ago and had a completely different experience. Yes, the hotels rooms are in need of an upgrade but for the value they are spacious and clean. The pool and grounds are great but the best thing is the concierge!

Now the bad news....the staff at the front desk is rude and not helpful. I had to wait 45-1 hour for my room even thought I was checking in 4 PM (and I am a SPG Platinum Member!) The staff seemed annoyed and it took three calls to get someone to come up and fix the safe and the shower (it wouldn't drain.) I felt sorry for the employee running the snack bar at the pool since it was one man despite the fact that the pool was so crowded that you couldn't get a seat. Even when he ran out of supplies such as ice, he had to run and refill them himself (which often meant waiting 30-45 minutes when you went up to the bar. Breakfast included orange drink instead of orange juice (in a country with oranges running 20 cents per kilo, this is a shame:( Finally when I checked out my bill was incorrect and it took some arguing to get it fixed (e.g. the menus at the pool say 20% off for SPG members. When I mentioned this they said it was taken off but I reminded them that I looked at the prices and it wasn't included. Then they said they don't offer 20% off to SPG members so I offered to go get the menu and then they finally took the 20% off.) I hope management improves since I really did enjoy staying here just one year ago!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear CalliW,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have appreciated the gardens, pool and Staff (The concierge).

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding many issues regarding service and staff attitude, but be sure that all your notes have been forwarded to the head of the department concerned, in order to avoid such accidents in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed at the Le Meridien N'F is on a business trip in July. This is my second visit to lovely Marrakech but my first stay at the Meridien. While the staff were friendly and helpful, the food great and the gardens and pool lovely, I found the rooms to be outdated. This is not to state that the rooms were not clean; in fact, the cleanliness levels of the property in general was good. The location of the hotel is good too, within a 15-minute walk to the souks and a 20 min drive to the airport. While I enjoyed my stay at the Meredien, I would recommend that the hotel commences renovations to its rooms. That would make this property a real attractive option to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Upala
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Upala,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have appreciated the property.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding the rooms, but be sure that all your notes have been shared with the team management in order to recover our shortcoming and exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Thank goodness the hotel has a lovely pool. On the other hand, it's open only limited hours. Some of the staff is quite helpful, others clearly dislike their jobs and couldn't be more unpleasant.
What's crazy is that you see the same wait staff at all hours of the day!
There is nothing near the hotel, which makes me wonder how another reader could say it's perfectly placed! One must take a taxi if one wants to go to any of the Gueliz restaurants or shops. I love a good walk, but not necessarily in heels. The medina is a good 15-20 minutes away by foot. We were there during Ramadan when there are few to no taxis about after nightfall. The internet is unreliable. The food and spa are vastly overpriced.

Room Tip: The cleaning staff tends to be very noisy (banging trolleys around), very talkative and that if the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank debellechasse
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear debellechasse,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

All your valuable and positive remarks are an added value to keep providing the best service in order to better meet your expectations.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some areas in our property such as:
Food and SPA prices, be sure that they are adjusted to our category and in line with competitors.

We wish welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from colorful & wonderful Marrakech!