A most pleasant stay. Courteous and attentive staff with the resplendent consierge, Youseff, and his front-of-house colleagues smoothing our way. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of taxis picking up from the Hotel. Whilst some local cabbies are honest, many others are scurrilous and cynical rogues. Given the chance, they will over-charge hugely and those that do have meters don't use them. So do seek the advice of Meridien's staff as to amounts and agree the fare before boarding. Some taxi drivers either didn't know or didn't care about our destinations. Twice we were dropped by the souk and fed to young male 'guides'. Wary of web tales of robbery by these types, on the first occasion we were reluctant to follow the adolescant through the souk's dark and narrow passages. But our fears were ill-founded. Another time the taxi dropped us at a souk entrance far from where we wanted to be and a youth, realising we weren't going to be suckered, told us, 'Just turn first left and it's down there.' As luck would have it, before we started off, a passing chirpie chap recognised us. He was one of The Meridien's gardeners and, eagerly insisted on taking us all the way to our destination near the far side of the souk. His helpful attitude was typical of the Hotel's staff and we were most grateful to him for his intervention.
Whilst it's great to experience the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, to have comfort and sanity in the Meridien a little away from the constant hubbub of the centre was also a pleasure. Lunches by the hotel pool were of a high standard and very reasonably priced. We particularly liked the pizzas with their thin, light light bases.
We enjoyed the evening entertainment in the bar. We saw no evidence of bird mess described by a previous reviewer. In fact, the small birds about the well cared for hotel gardens were a delight.
We have no hesitation in recommending the Meridien.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech