“Beautiful respite from the hustle and bustle of the medina”
Review of Le Meridien N'Fis

Le Meridien N'Fis
Ranked #146 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My experience was excellent at Le Meridien. The arrival experience was like nothing I had ever encountered before - I was warmly and genuinely welcomed by the doorman/bellman, had my luggage swept away as soon as I entered, and was encouraged to relax in the lobby. I was brought a cup of the traditional Moroccan mint tea, and my room check-in was done entirely from my comfy spot on the sofa! It was such a relief to me, as I had been travelling on nearly no-sleep for about 20 hours. The room was comfortable, if a bit bare, but the view of the grounds was fantastic and area we were located in was very peaceful. This hotel is a true oasis and such a joy to return to every day after sensory overload in the medina! We dined at the Moroccan restaurant, which was great. The outdoor tent lounge and the indoor bar were also amazing and frequented on more than one occasion during our 4 night stay. The spa was incredible, but we predictably found it a bit challenging to communicate with the spa attendants (a lot of elementary French and gesturing was needed!). I would gladly return to this hotel again, and I would recommend it to any nervous first-timer to Marrakech.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience.

We are so happy to learn that your journey was a great success and all your expectations come true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel service, Restaurant and staff’s attention.

During your next trip to Marrakech, please let me invite you to attend the cooking classes (Potager du Chef) hosted by our chef, and try our “à la carte” restaurant in the garden.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more about le Meridien N’Fis.

Best regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Abdelouahed ALAOUI-Fdili

Write a ReviewReviews (1,684)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a 7 night stay in the Meridien N'Fis and had a wonderful time. We had emailed the hotel beforehand to request a pickup at the airport and that all went very smoothly, I'm sure a taxi would have been cheaper but we just wanted the security of knowing we would get to the hotel ok on our first time in Marrakech.
The check-in staff were efficient but not overly friendly, however the porter that took our cases to our room was lovely and while we filled in our checkin details brought us some mint tea.
I had requested a quiet room on a higher floor and our request was met, we were at the end of a corridor on the 2nd floor and didn't hear a thing and slept very soundly. Our room was lovely, with lots of space and kept very clean.
The pool area was fantastic with lots of sunloungers and a very attentive towel attendant. All the other public areas were very clean and the gardens were nice for a wander about. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice and fresh omlettes cooked to order and the pastries were to die for!
The location for us was perfect, a 20-30 minute stroll right in to the centre of the Medina through a very safe area, we walked in and back at various times of the day and night and always felt completely safe.
Check out is 12pm but our airport pick up wasn't till 5.30pm so the hotel let us stay in the room until 1pm so we could get some extra sunbathing in during the morning then there is a room where we were able to leave our cases in the afternoon while we went to the Medina. Upon returning to the hotel to collect our cases and change for the flight, we were offered free use of a room to wash/change in which was a nice and unexpected touch.
We will hopefully return to Marrakech one day and will definitely stay in the Meridien if we do.

Room Tip: 253 was great and very quiet for a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to learn that your journey was a great success and all your expectations came true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel service, and staff’s attention.

During your next trip to Marrakech, please let us invite you to attend the cooking classes (Potager du Chef) hosted by our chief.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Best regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

As a frequent business traveller I have stayed in many SPG hotels. We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The hotel lobby, dining room, restaurants, swimming pool and garden are really nice and worth the five stars. However the rooms are pretty basic and can use a facelift (even on the SPG membership floor) and swimming pool furniture can be renewed as it show a lot of stains.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel.

Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations and turn in your experience as a part of unforgettable memories.

We assure you that your comments will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet your needs.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to attend cooking classes (Potager du chef) hosted by our chef, and try our different restaurants.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here and there was a nice holiday feel to the place. Reception was large and well decorated, rooms were spacious and functional and both room service and restaurants served tasty and varied dishes. Comfortable beds and quiet atmosphere meant we slept well. Location was a little far out therefore relied on taxis but not enough of an issue to stop us coming again if in marakech...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

An excellent hotel!Close to the airport and 5 minute ride into the center for the souks. Lovely rooms, staff polite and helpful.Pool was perfect to take a dip in after shopping and as soon as you arrived a very nice man brought you a pool towel and laid it out for you. You have to remember that 5* in some countries does not equal 5* in others, but for the price you could not complain! The breakfast was ample, with lots of choice, I'd recommend the Morrocan pancakes with honey - they were delicious. The massage I had was very relaxing, my friend had the full works including a scrub and she was glowing after, so I'd recommend that if you find the time. The only thing I'd have to say that was not great was one of the resturant staff, on our last night we were all a little jaded so decided to stay in the hotel for a bite to eat. He was more interested in his paper than customer service and meal took ages to arrive as did our drinks! But that didn't spoil our wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel and staff

Your notes will be an added value to improve our service in order to better meet your expectations and turn in your experience as a part of unforgettable memories.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to attend cooking classes hosted by our chef (Potager du chef).

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed here a few years ago I returned with high hopes of a relaxing break in plush surroundings. Unfortunately the hotel is very tired now with tatty foyer and dated rooms. The pool area has stained and dirty sun loungers some of which are ripped the swim towels are old and thin but the pool is clean and nice to swim in
The food so far has been a disappointment and expensive so all in all I won't be coming back

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

We are deeply sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Your sincerely.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice pool, good breakfast and possible to walk to center of new town. Restaurants are verry well,
we visit the main restaurant with also authentic marrocan dishes and good service.
Restaurant by the pool is not expensive and a nice choice of salads and fast food.
You can rent special great doublebeds covered with nets by the swimming pool (photo)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to attend cooking classes (Potager du chef) hosted by our chef.