1,792 results
All reviewsbit datedclose to the airportminute walk to the medinapoolside restaurantgardens are beautifulnice poolpool area istennis courtsmoroccan restaurantfive star hotelold citymint teaatlas mountainsan oasisthe main squareday triptaxi driver
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Normally we stay in Riads, but fancied a change, and wanted something more ordered than the chaos of the medina. We are glad we did. It is excellent, especially if travelling with children. The pool is first rate, and gives excellent respite on a hot day. In fact the whole hotel gives respite. The service is unmatched. Better than the Riads we have stayed in, and better by far than European standards of service.

The place is a little dated and could do with a refresh over the next five years, but no major issues. Also a can of coke will set you back £3 as will all soft drinks and water. By your drinks in the Medina and bring them back to your room. If you're dishing out £15 a time for a family of five several times a day the bill becomes huge.

And watch out for taxis. When they know you are at Le Meridien they will try to charge you 50dh from the Medina for a short drive. Put the meter on and pay no more than 10dhs.

Finally, phone up the hotel direct. We got a rate of £75 per night which was far cheaper than the website or travel comparison sites.

Overall excellent and far better than the Starwood Sheraton in London.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ghfshd
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience. There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

Your sincerely.

Abdelouahed ALAOUI-FDILI

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Excellent hotel and the staff are what make it the best. They will do anything for you. I wanted Pizza Hut ordered to the hotel and the staff were more than happy to help, even though one of the younger inexperienced girls told me I can't order food to the hotel unless it's from the hotel, but the senior concierge member, soon sorted her out lol.

We booked dinner reservations at Comptoir Dana, which is walking distance from the hotel. We also booked taxis, the hotel was always efficient and helped us with anything. My only drawback is that they do not serve shisha until the evening or afternoon, which is a bit of a shame, as I was ready to spend my money there.

I also went for a message at the hotel and it cost about £20, which is quite pricey and the same price as London, it only lasted 20 minutes, but totally felt a lot shorter! The massage was not that brilliant, as you could tell the lady was only in it for the money, and not intent on actually giving you a good massage. You can get a cheaper massage from a spice shop in the souk, and they only charge you £2, but it is soooooo much better, and it's about 10-15 minutes.

Overall, this was one of the best places I have stayed in and value for money. They have a few things that they need to work on. Better massages in the spa, shisha served all day. But apart from that, the front desk team are the most solid members you will encounter in the hotel industry. They know how to serve you and they aim to please. Well done!!!

The rooms were fantastic and the neighborhood (Hivernage) is a very nice area, lot's of cash points around, do not go for a walk alone at night, as there are street kids that tend to look for tourists, but I felt completely safe. You can even walk to Gueliz, which we did on one occasion, but I must warn you that it looks a lot shorter than it is!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KunaalT

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel location’s, and staff’s attention. Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We booked at Le Meridien N'Fis at the very last minute, as our stay in a traditional riad was not working out. There isn't too much that's authentically Morroccan about this hotel - it's a typical (albeit aging) resort. The pool area is large and comfortable but the rooms are spartan and the hallways are unnecessarily dark. Despite that, the hotel was a great base from which to see the sights of Marrakech. Because every taxi driver knows the hotel, we were easily able to get dropped off at the souks, wander around, get completely lost, hop back into a taxi and head back. It is close to Jemaa al Fnaa and all the trendy lounges and bars. Service was also mostly very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverCDN_travlr
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My Sister and I visited the Le Meridien N'Fis in June on the front side of our trip for 5 nights and the back side for one more night. Although not the same experience as a Riad in the Medina...this was a perfrect retreat! We kicked off the trip with a pick up at the Airport which I would recommend, convenient and 200 DH about $25 USD. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted with a warm welcome by Said with tea and a cold wash cloth that smelled of orange bloosom. We were escorted to a room on the lower level facing the backside of the property. The rooms were fine... nothing special (would recommend a bit of an upgrade) but who spends all of their time in the room? Not me! The property is beautiful, fountains and gardens with amazing smells and the pool, a perfect way to end a long day touring. To top it off, while we visited, we got to witness a full lunar eclipse while on property. The buffet breakfast is stellar but a bit spendy $25 per person. Wish they had a price for hot or cold buffet, but despite that the food was good and the service was attentive. Speaking of attentive, the Pool Restaurant at night is worth having a meal. The Manager, My Ahmid Jounainate welcomes you like an old friend, the Chef Hicham was great! He was very accomodating and willing to make anything we requested. He did this with a smile as if you were in his own home and family. There was a lovely man also working who always greeted us with a smile, another my ahmid. Try the Moroccan wine it is good - liked the white from Meknes Region (crisp, nice acidity which cleans the palet well with the flavor of Morocco). I will admit, we ate here a few nights because it was relaxing, great service and nice ambiance near the pool. The Staff at the front desk was great... need help ask coincierge Youssef. He was amazing and funny too. The men at the money change were also very pleasant (so sorry wrote your names down but can't find it). The staff is great at helping guide you on taxi fares, so be sure to partner with them. FYI, the hotel is walking distance to the Medina (15 minutes) but Taxis were inexpensive 20-30 DH on average. My sister had a spa treatment, a bit pricey but paying for the convenience of the Hotel. Don't expect a western style treatment, it is Morocco. My sister was a bit disappointed and the Manager Khalid Jamal was intent in ensuring her experience was improved next time. He extended a complimentary Hamman and Massage. I was impressed with his ownership in ensuring his guests are happy and satisfied. The Hotel also had heightened security, with gates closed, security on site, I felt very safe! My sister and I left for an adventure through South Morocco (highly recommend) and upon our return, we were greeted like returning family. All fo the staff remembered us and again, we were greeted with a warm welcome back. If you are looking for a quite, relaxing hotel with outstanding service, I would highly recommend Le Meridien N'Fis. I loved Morocco-It was amazing and so are the people!

Room Tip: Lower Level Facing the Back of the Property- Quite and Rooms were Cool despite 100+ degrees.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your memorable experience at Le Meridien N’Fis hotel and positive feedback about our staff, property location’s and ambiance.
Your notes are considered as an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing trip full of surprises.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here. We were here for 4 nights and it's location is nicely away from the hustle and bustle of the main square. Said the doorman was very helpful and gave us many tips on how not o get wripped off by the taxi drivers.

The drinks around the pool are overpriced but we used the shop over the road most of the time.

We ate at the hotel on the first night which was fine and lunched in the pool bar each day. No problems. the breakfast is very good and caters for every eventuality.

We used the hotel bar a couple of times and enjoyed "ladies night" when ladies drink free. There weren't many people there but it did make us laugh.

We did ask to do the cookery class but the hotel were unable to fill the spaces so we ended up going to the maison arabe.

All in all a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel location’s, restaurant specialty, staff’s attention and entertainment program’s. Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations.