2,453 results
All reviews churchill bar winston churchill beautiful hotel italian bar best hotels in the world moroccan restaurant luxury hotel gardens are beautiful tennis courts indoor pool four seasons an oasis atlas mountains the hustle and bustle mint tea spa terrace
Reviewed December 13, 2017

The hotel is beautiful, really quite stunning. But the food we had was really awful. I was so very disappointed because I was looking forward to it. I was really surprised with the quality of the food at this first rate hotel especially since it was exceptionally expensive. I could barely finish my meal.

And, there are cats everywhere at this outdoor restaurant. I mean, I am sure they are harmless but they beg for food and try to jump on you if you ignore them when they put their paws on your lap. None of the very many waiters standing around tried to stop them. People must be feeding their food to the cats. I guess I cant blame them.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dharsha
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

The minute I stepped out of the airport security area I saw a well dressed gentleman with a La Mamounia sign inside waiting for me to pick me up. As we walked towards the exit I saw the rest of the drivers from various hotels and roads holding up a sign. I asked my driver why was he the only one inside? He said La Mamounia is the only palace allowed inside the terminal for pick up. I asked if Four Seasons or Royal Mansour can greet guests inside and according to him no! I felt so special right from the minute I stepped out!

This was a splurge stay for me and while it is much more ideal to go with someone I travelled alone. The hotel is like a fortress and felt very safe, the security is quite strict to the point they search your shopping bags extensively. I was a tad upset how rough they were, one of my gifts got roughed up and the box dented...

The room was very ornate with mosaics and ceilings painted, I kept hearing it’s dark but it worked. That sort of room shouldn’t be illuminated excessively with light coloured walls and bright lighting. The two balconies were so relaxing to have, I woke up watching the sun rise and had a distant view of the Atlas Mountains. It was pure luxury.

Bathroom was lovely, a nice rain shower and separate bath tub and generous size amenities.

After arriving I immediately went to get a spa treatment, I selected the La Mamounia Hammam and massage. It was my first time experiencing a Moroccan style Hammam, in Turkey they wash off the scrub while you lie there but in this instance I had to get up and wash off in the shower each time. If I didn’t have a comparison I wouldn’t think much about it but I think I would have been more relaxed if I didn’t have to walk over naked to wash myself off a few times. The treatment room and facility was beautiful and spa attendants were fantastic.

I had dinner at La Marocain, it was one of the best meals I had in Marrakech. Much better food than Dar Yacout that everyone raves about. Breakfast by the pool every morning was fantastic, I miss the freshly squeezed OJ...the server kindly explained to me the Moroccan dishes, I love trying what locals have for breakfast. The bread table as soon as you walk in was heavenly.

The location is amazing, just steps away from everything. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Iloveboutiquehotels
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Just an amazing place, great food, beautiful property, and amazing hospitality We didn't stay there very long but the grounds, food, and hospitality is definitely top notch! The entrance and the hotel is so beautiful that you will be pleasantly surprised. Its a very resort style hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Unforgetable view of the snowcaped Atlas from the balcony of our room, on our honeymoon trip. A very Romantic Hotel !
That was 45 years ago, still not forgetted !
Spacious rooms, huge balcony, having breakfast there in the fresh air of the mornings; how can you forget !

Room Tip: Atlas side is a must (I did not see city side...)
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

The interiors of the hotel are very stylish and sophisticated counting with dozens of different morrocan style decorated spaces most of times with low light and dark colors. The spa is marvelous and the pools are a unique spectacle and must not be missed. Massage is a plus as we are pampered in all ways. Breakfast is very pleasant. Not many options as in other arab countries but the buffet and a la carte menu have enought delicious options. My room had a wonderful view of the gardens and the pool and watching the sunset over Marrakech from the terrace in unforgettable. The size of the room is standard, I believe to have a large room we must book a suite. Amenities, towels, slippers, bed and pillows were all perfectly comfortable.
One suggestion is to hire a private car of the hotel as they offer professional guides as drivers. Taxi in Marrakech is a horrible experience. Besides the weirdness. Taxi charges to go, wait and return. And the prices don't make sense. One day we paid one amount to go to a restaurant and the other it was twice the price for the same distance. And the hotel doesn't help with this matter.
Our city guide took us to nice places in town. He was the only that spoke portuguese, my home language. And we trust someone speaking our language. And that was not the best deal. I wanted to buy herbs and trusted him to ask some help. We went to a shop where saffron was 10 dolars each gram. A normal trickster market shop. I found the same safron 10 times cheaper in other shops.
Actually Marrakech ia not a friendly place for tourists and I didn't feel any help from the hotel regarding this subject. But considering everything inside that wonderful palace this is the best experience imaginable.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple