I had read much about La Mamounia and its refurbishment and on this my second visit to Marrakech decided to stay there . The location is of course very good. The interior of the building is opulent , but very dark to the point of being oppressive and the lighting in my room was very poor. Breakfast at the pool was , however , a pleasure with excellent and attentive , service , but no pressure to vacate the table . However on Sundays the poolside becomes the venue for a vast and vastly expensive lunch experience and the other dining option at lunchtime is to be tucked away in the French restaurant which has no view and is very quiet . The Italian restaurant serves perhaps the best food and the bars are buzzy in the evening , but beware the Churchill Bar if you dislike heavy cigarette smoke . The smoke -laden atmosphere was like a 1940s film , but I did not see Humphrey Bogart or any spies ( at least as far as I was aware ! ) Would I stay there again ? Probably . Its a short flight from London and in May the weather is very good, but as a hotel it might usefully review its dining options , particularly on a Sunday . It is not , by the way, a hotel for people who dislike staying at hotels where the public come in to take a look . People treck through the lobbies as sight seers .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech