We were somewhat confused as to whether we could go into the hotel for a look around and a drink. Our DK Top 10 things to do in Marrakech had this as a must do, but our Riad owner said we probably wouldnt get in on a weekend. We also rang to ask but were told they did not have any availability. I thought they may not have understood our question so decided to give it ago anyway and we are so pleased we did. We dressed up smartly and walked straight in. How I wish I had a better paid job, as I could have checked in there and then! We had a walk around the grounds and day dreamed of sunbathing round the amazing swimming pool before having a beer in the Italian bar (£7.00 for one bottle of beer). The waitress was extremely helpful and efficient asking whether we liked our beer poured frothy or not! We were also given pastries and a glass of cucumber water which was a very nice touch. A piano player, base player and a drummer played in the background. It was perfect. We loved it so much that we then went to the Churchill bar for a beer and wine. Definately worth a nose about and a drink if you can afford it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Jetsetter so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech