My husband and I booked in for a meal at the Moroccan restaurant here, and were dissappointed.
We had been at Royal Mansour and thought this would be similar - we had high expectations but were let down. Yes the reception area is lovely, but there are a lot of kids here and the standard of dress was not up to scratch I don't think. When you are paying that much to be in a beautiful hotel that has had a 20 million facelift, I would expect people to wear something a little more than crocs or dirty shoes to the Churchill Bar at night. There were also women in swimsuits running through the bar at 8pm dripping wet from the pool. I know that must sound like a petty thing to complain about to some people, but it actually annoyed me considering the money you are paying for drinks/dinner/ and hotel here.
The reception area is grand, and beautiful as are the garden. Yes sure, we had a lovely evening but the food standard was not as good as it should have been for the prices we paid. Deep fried food that seemed to come out too quickly! We hardly had time to have conversation in between or courses. The waiters were great, but the door staff at the restaurant were arguing with each other when we left and it was not professional in my view.
A must if you want to visit the Churchill bar, but it's just not up to the same standard as the Royal Mansour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech