A friend travel agent booked this for me.. She said Mark you'll love it. Ok book it.
Not really sure what I'd done or why I went along with it.
Arriving at Marrakech airport I was greater by one of their chauffeurs in a Damler. He was very courteous, chilled bottle of water at the ready; greatly appreciated as passport control was very busy.
On arriving at the hotel I was absolutely awestruck at its beauty, it really was a lesson in how to light a building and gardens! The guest relations manager greater me with a traditional Moroccan welcome with Almond Milk and dates, followed by a tour of the hotel. It was simply stunning.
Once I'd had chance to settle into my room I went exploring. Everything was perfect, the ambience was something to behold. Every single member of staff stopped and said hello.
Once I'd explored a bit, I settled on the Italian terrace for the best Aperol Spritz I'd ever had. The surroundings are once again sublime. The lanterns and lighting are just lovely.
Well done to all concerned, La Mamounia is a triumph. The only negative point I'd the cost of things whilst you are there. If money is no object then fine. If you're a working man such as myself, £20 for a cocktail is steep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Jetsetter so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech