Excellent location just 10-15 mins walk to the square. All of the/ staff were fantastic. The lobby is grand and spacious as is the pool area. What a wonderful pool and very prompt pool service. We had a koutoubia view room - adequate size, love,y bed and good sized balcony to ave an early evening drink. We ate in the French restaurant which was very nice. I had the lamb which was very good. The Churchill bar is gorgeous, moody lighting red padded walls with black and white photos of all the greats like Nat King Cole.
Cons - well the sunbeds were a little tricky to put up and down with a stiff metal lever and they were positioned rather close together so bit tricky to put your bag beside.
Other than that - yes the prices are bit crazy, we knew that they would be and they were the lunch buffet £55-£60 per head for lunch buffet which was salads, selection of roast meats, a tagging, couscous, salmon and some sweets, local Cadablanca beer just under £9 and a burger was £25, french meal - 1 starter, 2 ,mains, 2 glasses of champagne and bottle of wine, a coffee and mint tea - £225 just to give you a flavour. We ate out the other 3 evenings as there's plenty of choice. We would've had the half bottle of chamagne to have on our balcony but at £85 thought just bit too steep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech