My wife and I had a 3 night long weekend here to relax in the sunshine. Service was impeccable and the architecture particularly impressive. The hotel is set in 8 acres of immaculate grounds, white flowering shrubs and flowers, cactii and palms close to the hotel leading to fruit then vegetables at the end of the main walk. An army of gardeners and irrigation systems keep this in perfect order for a relaxing stroll. Beautiful mosaics and such detailed plasterwork and wood carving give every part of the hotel a luxurious feel.
The huge pool is perfect, great buffet style breakfast and lunches served around the pool or on the terrace outside the Italian Restarant. We ate Italian on arrival but were tired from travelling, had a great dinner in the French restaurant the next night- 3 types of fois-gras and a huge sole as a special between us and finished in the Moroccan for our last night; a great experience although this was our first Moroccan menu and we could have chosen better with experience. Everywhere there were lovely staff and perfect service. The local Moroccan rose and red wines were surprisingly good.
Our room (311) was a standard one but well equipped.
In short a great hotel for a break, not cheap but this quality is rare. Transfers to and from airport (which is only 10 mins away) were in one of the hotel Jaguars and made that part of the journey simple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech