We have just returned from a wonderful stay in Marrakesh. And La Mamounia made this into the wonderful stay we experienced. From arrival to check out, this hotel knows how to please its guests. It is one of the best hotels we have ever been to, and my partner travels professionally to all parts of the world and is lucky enough to stay in some of the best.
At arrival, you are immediately taken to the lounge by a perfectly English speaking person, where you are welcomed with almond milk and a date, of course after receiving a lavender scented wet towel to whipe your hands. Scent is one of the pleasant experiences at the hotel. The house scent is something of ceder, woody, lovely. You get a tour around the hotel and gardens, and wow, those gardens are magnificent. And again, the smell is so good (orange blossom). The room we had was beautifully appointed, ammenties great, again with the house scent. Even the cupboards smell nice :)
Service is impeccable, even if you want your room made at night, it will not be a problem. Every day, you receive other fresh fruit in your room, a small pastry and complimentary water. As some reviewers noticed, at the gate you are asked if you stay at the hotel, but we have never found this unpleasant. Even when wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirts, if you are a guest, you are always welcome. I think it is a good thing that they are a little strict. The hotel is so amazingly beautiful, that it would be run over by hoards of tourists if they would be more lenient. Part of the charm is that the atmosphere is serene, the lights are low, service is friendly, with an overall oriental look and feel.
The pool area is another great thing, the pool is huge, ozone cleaned so no chloride. Service again is fantastic. Last thing I will mention is The Spa, again beautifully appointed with great treatments. A must do when in the hotel.
Of course, you pay for it, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. I see in the reviews some exagerated statements. Breakfast is around 30 euro's (but the choice is amazing), cappucino is around six. A big plate of strawberries at the pool will do nine. The French restaurant is pricey indeed, but there are plenty options outside the hotel.
In short, La Mamounia is a class of its own on this planet, and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech