Originally we went for drinks in the Winston Churchill bar with a Jazz singer with friends who were staying there, however on discovering the outside terrace we went out there. Very romantic and exotic but strangely sterile after the beautiful old hotel. The renovation costs millions and its well done, but has removed the authentic character, the same story as Raffles Singapore. Having motivated ourselves to get there - usual Marrakesh taxi overpricing nightmare ;-( we were up for a sophisticated cocktail.. after initial shock of the price around £30 a glass.... YIP twice London prices.! After all we are on a romantic evening with friends so we go ahead. Waitress fine, very attentive, we order nibbles, that all went well, after two hours we got hungry and thats when problems started. So in a 5 star hotel there shouldn't be problems with getting a table in an empty restaurant at 10pm. ? to cut a long story short, the Manager was called, he was rude, and after an argument we finally got dinner. For this is appalling treatment for a guest and member of LHW or and after an initial bar bill of £120... shan't be returning - dont know how much dinner was but imagine it was about 500£ for 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech