Was told this was the only hotel to stay in when visiting Marrakech and I wasn't disappointed.Upon arrival while waiting to check in I was presented with a silver platter of dates and milk before being taken to my room (A Deluxe) which was delivered in traditional Moroccan styling with views of the park and grounds which again were fantastic.
If I was being picky I could say that the bathrooms were quite dark as the lighting was minimal but sitting on the balcony with a drink at sunset soon made me forget such a minor detail.
The hotel itself is located perfectly next to a beautiful park and only a 10 minute walk to the huge bustling markets however English speaking drivers are available at all hours of the day to take you wherever you need to go should it be further afield.
Good sized indoor and outdoor pool and the spa had a nice selection of treatments too.
Visited the Churchill bar one evening where they had a jazz singer who was excellent and even when I got too drunk and ended up naked in the hotel pool the staff were still friendly and polite to me even though clearly it wasn't the kind of place for that behaviour!
All things considered I would definitely recommend this hotel however it is on the upper end of the price scale but for me delivered well and for a few days a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech