We stayed at La Mamounia for 4 nights in August and had a truly wonderful time. The grounds are stunning and overall, the service was very good. Although it was a bit slow in the outdoor bar - which was surprising given the hotel was fairly quiet.
The hotel is situated in a great location - only a few mins walk to the medina, but far enough away from the crowds that you can chill out and relax if you want to.
We stayed in a park suite overlooking the gardens. The room more than lived up to our expectations and was definitely worth the upgrade. We had 2 balconies, a sitting area, 2 loos a huge bedroom and bathroom. I've never seen such sunning decor - the pictures don't do it justice.
The SPA was pure luxury, I had the most relaxing massage ever!
I would definitely recommend booking on a B&B basis. Breakfast, was buffet style which offered an extensive range of delicious hot and cold food from pastries to eggs benedict and kept us full till dinner most days. The poolside service was excellent and the snacks were very tasty - especially the chicken salad which tasted wonderful due to the home grown herbs from the hotel's garden.
The pool was magnificent and a definite plus point if you are travelling in August as it's 47 degrees during the day.
In summary I would recommend this hotel if you’re looking for a luxurious break, in beautiful surroundings with all of the finery that you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech