Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
$221
Hotels.com
$163
  • Pool
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$56
$459
$439
Cancelon
3,024 results
All reviewspool arealawrence barbeautiful hotelturn down servicejunior suitereception deskpool staffspecial thanksmoroccan teaatlas mountainscrepesthe main squareconciergepoolsfarahhammocksluxury
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

(1/6/14 - 6/6/14) This was our second stay in the Sofitel Spa & Lounge in 2 years and again was ideal for our 5 day get away. We had toyed with staying in a Riad but having a pool was a necessity which a Riad couldn't supply. The pools at the Sofitel are amazing, we tended to stay around the smaller pool which had ample shade during the peak heat of the day. The staff are happy & friendly so the service I can not fault however there were a couple of niggles.

The food in my opinion is over priced for the quantity you get although don't get me wrong it is good. I do however begrudge paying £10 for a bar snack pizza by the pool.

Personally the rooms were the biggest let down. We eventually moved rooms after we found it difficult to sleep due to the frogs, yes frogs that were singing until the early hours, our mini bar fridge sprang a leak which caused a huge stain on the carpet and we had a balcony facing the road which had locals shouting at all hours. Please note the beds may look appealing at first glance and may even feel like laying on a cloud but be warned they offer absolutely no support! I'm in my late twenties with no normal back problems, one night in that bed & I was walking around like a 90 year old, I digress.

The room move was swift and pain free, we were even upgraded to a suite but I couldn't help feel the rooms were beginning to look a bit rough around the edges. I might sound picky but a 5* hotel should not have cracked sealant around the bath or a shower in the bath which is near on impossible to use due to being behind the taps without an extendable head.

Overall, we had a great break which was enhanced by the hotel however I hope they do not rest on their laurels and past successes and strive further for pure 5* luxury.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ed M
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was my first visit to the Sofitel in Marrakech, and I was not disappointed by the experience.
The hotel is excellent and of a very, very high standard. It is also in an ideal location and within easy reach of most local amenities and night life.
The rooms are excellent. They are immaculate, spacious and very comfortable. The pool area and gardens are also fantastic. I really enjoyed the choice of restaurants and the excellent range of quality food offered. I also highly recommend the cocktail bar.
One thing I must comment on is the first class service from the staff. Nothing is too much trouble, whether you need a restaurant booking, a taxi, or just some directions. Everyone is incredibly hard working and I felt very comfortable venturing out on their recommendations and guidance. I would like to give a special thank you to Sara in guest relations. She is helpful, pleasant and happy to help whatever the situation. Whenever I saw her she was always smiling and would always say hello and ask if everything was okay. It really shows that she is caring and committed to delivering excellent service to guests, and is an asset to Sofitel.
Overall, I would highly recommend a visit to this hotel, as Marrakech is an amazing city and staying here will greatly enhance any visit. I will definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

As it was your first visit to Sofitel Marrakech we are very happy to know that you had keeped such good and a memorable impression that it will encorage us to keep the same level and why not a better one in other to amaze you during you next visit and to feel you at home.

Continue to follow all news of Sofitel Marrakech by clicking "Like" our Facebook pages :

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a lovely hotel with a great pool area for lounging. It is walking distance to the Koutoubia Mosque and the Souks. We had a very nice and spacious suite overlooking the pool area with an incredible view of the Atlas mountains at sunset. The balcony was enclosed by flowering bougainvillea vines with birds flitting through them; but don't leave the balcony door open or the birds will hop right into the room. The breakfast food was good and extensive but getting decent service depended on how busy they were at the moment. The big problem was that our room was on the second floor right over the lobby--obviously there are speakers in the lobby ceiling which means the second floor rooms have loud music playing in them from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm! We asked them to turn the music off or adjust the volume way down and they acted like they'd never heard the complaint before which would be impossible given the volume; even though they promised to do so, they never did.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vakamalua
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Sir;

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Marrakech Imperial Hotel & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

However, I am sorry that such services did not meet your expectations especially in term birds flitting in the balcony and also the room that you had in the seconf floor wich you did not apreciate it becaus of noise so please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Ahmed Benkirane,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel, nice pool and location was perfect. Just minutes walk from the medina Walls and with loads of very nice resturants around and about.
We felt very safe walking around the area and the staff in the hotel were great. Room was lovely, so would tetally recomend !!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Sir,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

For such an expensive hotel we expected perfection.
Upon entering, the place does look great. The rooms are large and comfortable, all the amenities are in place, could be a great place.But...
Checkin- We were greeted by the reception and seated at the lounge, a very nice lady took our passports and went to register us, we were offered tea and biscuits , and then went on waiting for almost half an hour to get our room.
Service- Lovely poolside with nice cabanas , asked for the towels ... the guy said "yes right away" and we never saw him or the towels . waited for someone to take an order for the bar... no one came for 1 hour until I went to the bar myself only to be told they can't serve me and I have to wait for a waiter to come to me...
Wi-fi- saw many comments before about how poor it was. The previous posters were generous!!
AC did not work in one of the rooms.First night we sweated it out and in the morning asked for the AC to be fixed. Front desk said "sure ,no problem" returned in the afternoon and saw nothing was done. Went down and asked again... "sure , no problem" returned at night and sure enough... nothing was done. second night sweating.. on the third day in the elevator, the cleaning girl greeted me and asked if all was fine. I said "yes, but the AC does not work" It took her 10 minutes to get the repair man and fix it!!!
The kettle did not work, I asked to replace it... won't bore you.. just like getting the AC fixed.
Front desk are useless!!!
Saved the best for last.... Checked out at 5:55 AM, came back 5:59 to retrieve a jacket I forgot.
The front desk clerk was in the room saying he was there to prepare the room for the next guest.....
After such an inefficient front desk experience I should have guessed something is wrong, and since when do the front desk prepare rooms, and since when do hotels prepare rooms at 6:00 AM???
When we arrived at the Casablanca airport we realized we left a wallet in the room as well.
We sent our guid to the hotel and they told him no wallet was found....
I just hope the cleaning girl that came in later still found the tip waiting for her....

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family