Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
Hotels.com
$1,058
$1,019
3,091 results
All reviewspool areabeautiful hotelsuperior roomreception deskpool staffspecial thanksmoroccan teaatlas mountainscrepesthe main squareconciergepoolsfarahhammocksluxuryazizasunbeds
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel after the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. It was very good but could be even better with a little more attention to detail. Our room was spacious with a fantastic view, however the white towels and dressing gowns were past their best and had a faint musty smell. The walk in shower was great and you could look over the ocean whilst showering, but it leaked and we had to put towels down daily to mop it up.
We enjoyed the breakfast choice and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. On two evenings, we only had a choice of two places to eat as the other was shut. If you didn't want to listen to the (rather loud) live music, there was no where else to get a drink - we ended up back in our room with a beer. The minibus to Essouria was very efficient and we loved our lunches at the golf club and a cycle to the beach on the free (but rusty - my gears were stuck) bikes.
The staff made a great effort to speak English and we practiced our "petite" french - they were always obliging and made this a 'Very Good' rather than just a 'Good' holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms have better views than the Villas
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AhmedBenkirane, Directeur général at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

We hope to see you in near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The pools are wonderfully and the staff are very attentive. The rooms are clean but uninspiring
The facilities and location make this hotel.it is a short 4 Pound cab ride into the Medina.
For our last couple of visits actual check in has been terrible.my wife and I visited with our teenage daughter and booked adjoining rooms. The booking did not confirm the joining rooms. I speak good French and emailed several times. The emails were acknowledged but never address the request. During the week before I telephoned every day but the reservations desk never picked up.Our Eastjet flight arrived at 08.00 we had advised of our early arrival but did not expect the room to be available that early.What we were not expecting was that our rooms would not be available until 17.00!
This despite my best efforts in French. The staff were polite but immovable the rooms were always nearly ready.
Finally when the rooms were made available they were next to each other but not joining. At one point there was a surreal moment when their check in manager emailed me that my problem would be dealt with on our arrival whilst we had already been sitting in reception for 3 hours. Just to see what would happened I replied to the email stating that I was sitting in reception but received no reply. A complete day wasted.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments.
We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa. We do take all comments seriously and really appreciate in details all the feedback we can get. We really apologises for the misunderstanding with problems you had encountered.
Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Sincerely.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here last year and had a wonderful holiday. All the staff I encountered were friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was nice. I can't recommend the lunch buffet - I felt it was a bit overpriced, although that's possibly more because I'm a vegetarian and there wasn't a lot of choice for me. The Orangerie restaurant was nice, ate there a few times during my stay. The best thing about the hotel was the club. The entertainment there in the evenings was good, and at around midnight it turned into a nightclub where locals came to as well. A great atmosphere, felt safe and never too crowded, and best of all could just roll into the hotel to bed afterwards! It's set far enough back to not disturb hotel guests, though, so if the club isn't your thing don't be put off.

If you go here you must go to the spa, the treatments were the best I've ever had!

The only reason I gave it a 4/5 rather than 5 was because the AC in the room didn't appear to work, although on speaking to other guests and the hotel it turned out that it wasn't broken and that it was as cool as it was going to get.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you had wonderful holiday.
We reviewed your comment regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Marrakech. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologise for the AC
and it was repaired.

We hope to see you in near future.
Sincerely

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel lobby is very big, nice furnished, there's a smell of perfume in the air, fresh flowers daily. The bar offers a wide range of cocktails, etc. It's definitely a place to relax, an incredible oasis of luxury and refinement near the Medina, which, of course, has a totally different atmosphere.

Two very large outdoor swimming pools, one of which is heated! Beautiful garden with palm trees, many chairs to relax, excellent pool bar offering many different types of (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) drinks. Attentive service. A lot of staff.

Breakfast buffet with a lot of choice: cereals, fruit, bread, eggs, meat, cheese, sweet stuff, mint tea, coffee, etc. etc. Very large selection served in a beautiful room with the option to eat outside in the garden.

We tested the restaurant L'Orangerie, which offers both French and Moroccan cuisine. Excellent service, tasty food, nice atmosphere.

The buffet lunch is slightly expensive (45 euros) but the selection is very large.

The Sofitel is the perfect hotel to relax by the pool and enjoy the Moroccan hospitality and splendid weather. Dolce far niente. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Peter K
AhmedBenkirane, Hotel Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

M.Ahmed BENKIRANE

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed in Sofitel hotel with my children and their family , the hotel staff were extremely welcoming and especially with my grandson. Moroccan generally are very child friendly and the staff made our visit to Marrakech a memorable one.
I can not thank them enough for their hospitality especially Chafika , Aziza and Nezha who always had a friendly smile and a can do attitude .
I highly recommend this hotel for any age group especially for families with young children, there are so many swimming pool to choose from with warm temperature and shallow enough for babies.
The entertainment every evening was a added surprise, and general cleanliness second to none.

Room Tip: They have rooms above their night club which is noisy make sure you ask for quite room. We had to change room after the first night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FayC492

Dear guest,

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.