Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
  • Pool
$399
$387
  • Pool
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$52
$455
$439
Cancelon
3,021 results
All reviewspool arealawrence barbeautiful hotelturn down servicejunior suitereception deskpool staffspecial thanksmoroccan teaatlas mountainscrepesthe main squareconciergepoolsfarahhammocksluxury
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here May 2012 with my girlfriend for 4 nights.
The hotel itself is very nice, well kept, clean and well furnished. The pool area is one of the nicest I have stayed at, with beds for sunbeds! Made some of the hotels in Vegas I've stayed at look ordinary!
The location is good for walking into the town and I would recommend doing this at night rather then eating in the hotel. The prices for drinks, food etc. in the hotel is very expensive compared to even top London hotels, but you can eat or drink in the town for a fraction of the price so as long as you are aware of this you should be ok.
We just found the staff a bit rude and unhelpful. We were supposed to stay in the newer spa part of the hotel but despite a very nice room,the air-con was not working (not much fun in 40 degree heat!). After being told it was the whole hotel that had a problem. After not sleeping for the night because of the heat we found out from other couples that they had been told the same but after complaining been moved to rooms that did have working air-con. Cue a whole day spent arguing with the unhelpful staff and 2 rooms later got a lesser room that was at least cool. A real shame that we will remember our trip by this wasted day!
The annoying thing is that I had read on trip advisor about this exact same problem from others and just dismissed it as people moaning about a one-off problem that would be fixed.
I could go on about the bad staff (having to ask more than once for everything, being ignored at breakfast, ordering drinks that didn't arrive, being accused of getting too much change when I ordered a drink, passed from staff member to staff member, slow check-in etc) but you get the picture!
Personally, if I visit Marrakech again I will try somewhere else - there are lots of nice hotels nearby that I'm sure value there guests a bit more!

Room Tip: If you don't like anything in the room, ask for another - don't take their word for it that they are full!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Clean and efficient. Good food, especially the Laurence Bar and Lounge.
Rooms average size but very clean.
Check in and out easy.
Centrally located. With no traffic it's 10 minutes from the airport, With traffic it was a half hour!
Best breakfast buffet, don't miss that!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked 4 nights in Marrakech and stayed in the Sofitel Lounge and Spa hotel. When you arrive for the first time, the entrance is very grand and beautiful. There are two receptions, one is Moroccan style and the other is modern contemporary.. both very special. The staff were great and the food and pool area were perfect! We visited the bars also and they were very swish!
The hotel is also in a good location and walking distance to the city.
The room we got though I would say was average, it was almost like the whole hotel was 5 stars but the room was 3 stars. It was clean and everything but didn't have the grandeur compared with the rest of everything else!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the sofitel over the new year, fabulous hotel outdoor heathed pool made outdoor swimming very enjoyable and the sunshine was a bonus. Staff and food were exellent, location for walk to the medina or to the new shopping area very pleasant 5 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: We were in a room quite a walk through corridors from the reception but bonus was access to a garden/patio so was nice to sit and read in the fresh air outside the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank angelaa60_12
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Sofitel during December. Having read some previous reviews I was slightly apprehensive but our room was spacious, immaculate and had fantastic views. The hotel was spotless and the staff were particularly accommodating, especially El Moktar at the pool bar who looked after us well during our stay. The hotel is well located, a 15 minute walk to the square where we ate on several occasions. I'd also recommend the open roof Skybar at the Delano Hotel directly opposite - good menu if you like sushi, though we just popped over for a gin and tonic most evenings and the staff extremely attentive. Overall a great trip, thanks to the high standards of the accommodation and service, and an added bonus that it is such a short transfer from the airport. I'd also like to recommend 4x4 Camel which can be found on this site if you'd like a day trip ..... a hassle free way to get out and about and see the stunning Atlas Mountains. I will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends