“peaceful and welcoming retreat”
Review of Baan Thai Institut

Baan Thai Institut
Ranked #20 of 113 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: My taste for travel and especially for Asia brought me to Thailand where I discovered, a few years ago, traditional Thai massage, foot massage (foot reflexology) and aromatherapy massage. I then imagined that one day, I could make discover in Marrakech, all the benefits of these ancestral massages, it is this idea and this passion that was born the Baan Thai Institute of Marrakech.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was warmly welcomed and had reservation confirmed as soon as I arrived. The Spa smells of heavenly Lemongrass and instantly puts you at ease. My shoes were changed and I was taken to a room with comfortable recliners with pillows and blankets for my pedicure and manicure. The therapist was efficient and did a beautiful job. After pedicure was dry I was taken to the therapy room for my one hour Thai and Oil Massage. The Thai therapist did an amazing job. The massage was as I had experienced in Thailand. Therapy rooms are comfortable and warm. All staff members that I encountered were friendly and welcoming. I am very much looking forward to returning.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The quality of the full body massage at Baan Thai Institute exceeds that of Heritage spa (rated 'Excellent' on Tripadvisor) and Mythic Oriental Spa.

The quality of the hammam, however, was mediocre at best, and the 'relaxing area' was rather noisy.

1  Thank Driems
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Receptionist was cheerful and welcoming. Spa very clean and perfectly maintained. My wife and I were very impressed by the wonderfully professional massage applied by our respective Thai therapists. In short the massage was excellent and is well worth a 5***** status.

One slight observation... the management should consider making hot towels available for the therapists. That will allow them to rub the body (wipe-out the oils) after the massage. If they have that in place already, then it was not done neither for my wife nor for me.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very good massage and in a clean and relaxing environment. They give you a really tiny jock-strap thingy to wear during the massage. As a well endowed male, It was way too small for me, so everything was showing but I was ok with that :)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Made an appointment via phone. Went for the Marrakech-Bangkok package and is was top class!
The day after I tried the traditional Thai massage and this was really amazing.
If ever I come back to Marrakech I will definitely visit the Baan Thai Institut again!!

1  Thank Michel C