“Nowhere near as good as reviewed.”
Review of Casa Saada - CLOSED

Casa Saada
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

If this is the 10th best restaurant in Marrakech (as I write this) then it doesn't really speak much for the quality of the food here. The staff ask you to comment on Trip Advisor so I guess by shear weight of numbers this pushes it up the ranks. I take issue with people rating places like this five stars, I can only presume they have never had the pleasure of an eating experience in a real quality establishment.

There is no spectacular view despite what others have said. The street is narrow and because of the height when you are on the top floor terrace the only thing you can see is the tatty looking buildings directly opposite. You can see one stork's nest, but if that is your thing Kosy Bar has better stork opportunities.

We went for lunch and a man moaned at us in Arabic because we disturbed him as he was asleep on the restaurant floor! He promptly went back to sleep.

They do not serve alcohol here (like a lot of establishments in Marrakesh).

Prices are average to a little on the high side.

I had the opportunity to taste a number of dishes here:-

The strawberry juice. The best thing on the menu.

The lamb tagine with three dried fruits. Okay portion size. Tastes good with a nice blend of Morrocan spices. But Souk Kafe does better.

Beef tagine with couscous. Three minuscule cubes of beef, loaded with vegetables that are over cooked and all taste the same. The couscous has no taste. This dish is exceptionally bland and was a huge disappointment, I didn't eat most of it.

Morrocan pizza. Okay, not quite as nice as a frozen Goodfellas pizza. Nice sweet peppers.

Chicken pizza. Pretty bland. Not much more to say.

Mixed skewers. Beef was chewy, no Morrocan spices of any note. Chicken skewers had some spices but were a bit salty. I can do much nicer lamb kofta skewers at home. Chips were okay and the grilled vegetables were quite nice.

Pastilla with almond and caramelised apple. You get one teaspoon size dollop of apple on top. The whole thing is sort of like an apple turnover without the apple so you're really just eating pastry. To my mind this does not qualify as a dessert.

As long as you have low expectations I guess you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank steve23094

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We only had pizza's, but they were very good (slightly oily, but very tasty)... We all also had various juices, and the entire meal for four adults came to only 400 MAD! Great ambience on the top floor terrace, too... Staff were very professional and courteous. One initially forgotten drink was immediately forthcoming. I would definitely recommend this venue as very good value for money.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant although it is not correct on the map on trip advisor is an absolute delight. Its calm and serene. My father and I had the beef and lamb skewers and it was enough to fill us up. We sat on the rooftop with a beautiful view! The prices are fair and we will likely return!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had an early dinner here and we both took a veggie tagine. Boy they tasted good. So much flavour from a simple dish!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited for lunch and had brochettes that came served with frites, in a ceramic cone, harissa and a minute salad garnish. All ok but we had better in the street outside(Rue de la kasbah) for a fraction of the price.