“Excellent value family holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa

Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa
Ranked #75 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Magny-le-Hongre, France
“Excellent value family holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Pullman Marrakech end of April / beginning of May 2013 with our 5-year old daughter and had a great time. thanks to the A-club loyalty card, we were upgraded from the deluxe room we had booked to a suite for 5 of the 6 nights we stayed, which was a fantastic surprise. The suite was spacious and cleaned well every day, and the deluxe room was above our expectations. We like the design and interior decoration style very much - classic but modern. The food was very good generally speaking, as we ate for 5 nights in the main buffet restaurant which had a lot of choice. We ate on one occasion in the specialty restaurant but the service was extremely slow, a real shame as we felt that this brought our overall f & b experience down... The pool area was excellent, lots of room for all the guests with sunbeds, loungers and relaxation areas, even on the busy holiday weekend when the hotel was full. Once again, hats off to the designer, we like it so much that we were inspired by the garden planting schemes for our own garden! Our daughter used the kids club several times and was able to make pottery, Moroccan cakes and lots of other activities. She really enjoyed it and regularly talks about it now (3 months later). All in all, a really good time was had by all. To anyone who is considering a stay at this hotel, we would just advise you to go with an open mind and accept differences in expectations on service culture - I am well travelled and know not to expect the same type of service from one country and culture to another. I would congratulate to staff of the hotel for making our family feel so welcome, we would definitely return if we had the opportunity.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my friend. It was a packaged deal for £250 including flights, so because it was so cheap, I would pay that price again, but for full price… I would NEVER pay that kind of money. This is meant to be a 5 star hotel but the staff are absolutely useless.
When we arrived, we were not shown around the hotel or even talked through anything, the lady just literally said the restaurant for Breakfast was round the corner and that was it. The lady at reception was horrible. They also did not have ANY plug ADAPTERS to give us, despite this being a 5 star hotel, when I asked she just said they have a 4-5 plugs for all of their rooms which is just ridiculous and that people just keep them, she made no effort to get me one to help me, so I ended up going into new town and buying one myself!
The rooms were also so small but very clean, the shower was nice as it was a walk-in but the water took so long to get warm and the balcony door never closed and we were on the ground floor! I made a complaint, but yet nothing was done about it! Thank god no one broke in! And in the rooms there is no way to contact reception so you’ve got to walk all the way to reception if you need anything!
There is also not much evening entertainment in the hotel which is boring and not many free services or experiences to offer their guests. The breakfast is absolutely terrible! I have been to a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels around the world and I can honestly say this was the worst I’ve had! I could not believe it! There is no choice! On the first day I tried an omelette which the lady made for me fresh on the spot, I took it to my seat only to see it wasn’t cooked and it was still runny. There are also no labels on the food so you don’t know what your eating! When I tried to ask the lady making the omelettes what the ingredients were she couldn’t even tell me! So not good for people that are allergic to anything.
The only good thing about this hotel is that it has free WiFi and a free shuttle (which by the way you have to renew every hour!) that takes you to the midpoint of new town and old town which is so convenient and saved us so much money! The drivers were also so friendly which was a change! The swimming pool was so nice, it’s a shame its so small and there’s one for adults but it was also quite dangerous as getting into the pool from shallow to deep was so slippery if you don’t hang onto the few bars!
The spa was lovely! 5 stars I would give it! We booked a hammam treatment and the lady said we had to do it separate so we booked separate treatments and at my appointment the other lady said we could go together to I had to run to get my friend by the pool which wasted time. Then we ended up in an amazing sauna for 10 mins together and separately scrubbed by this lady in a wet room. After waiting for my friend to finish her scrub we waited for a good half an hour and were offered some tea and water while we relaxed expecting the actual hammam treatment, we then stopped a lady to ask if the treatment was done as she said that we were free to go, which was ridiculous before 1) it wasn’t the right treatment and 2) the communication is ridicule! So overpriced too!
When it came to our last day there were two men outside the breakfast restaurant and they had a few snakes including a cobra. They called us over and we walked past, they then came to get us and guided us over to their snakes, the gentlemen grabbed my camera and my friends phone and started taking pictures of us near the snakes and getting us to pose near the snakes, we were so confused and felt bombarded by them so we got them to stop and they put one hand over our heads and started wishing us a good life and good health and a good job etc. then as we said thank you read to go to the pool, they grabbed us and demanded money!!! I felt bad so I asked how much as they said 400 dirhams which is ridiculous!!!!! We were forced to give them a bit of money. They were so rude and horrible we were so annoyed. I don’t think the hotel should allow these people into the hotel, because if I paid to have a relaxing holiday in the resort, I would not like people like that in my face then demanding for money, if I wanted that, I would stay at a hotel in the city and go out everyday. Fair enough, its only one day a week, but its not right and its not fair especially as they demand and force you to give them so much money in return. I could not believe these people and how the hotel could allow these people to bother their guests!
They also did not help us with our baggage when leaving, we couldn’t even be bothered to complain again at this stage, we just had to carry them to reception ourselves and check out and even at check out they shocked us with paying taxes per night at the hotel which again we were unaware of! I can honestly say I can count the amount of friendly people in that hotel on one hand; one guy at reception and the guys by the pool. I wouldn't come back to this hotel unless it was offering the same promotion for less!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Good:
1. Stunning hotel
2. Daily cleaning of room
3. Good sized pool

The Bad:
1. Ants crawling all over the floor of the bedroom & bathroom
2. Safe in bedroom didn't work
3. Fridge didn't work

The Ugly :
1. Awful service from hotel staff
2. Very expensive dinner (£24 per head for buffet style dinner)

Having just returned from a 5 night stay at the Pullman, I feel very strongly about informing others who are considering staying at this hotel. The service provided by this hotel is certainly not 5*! If you speak English rather than Arabic or French, the staff at this hotel are extremely unfriendly and unhelpful even though they speak and understand English. Having arrived just after lunchtime, we wanted to have a quick snack before heading out to the medina. The manager of the restaurant told us that the only food available was the lunch buffet which was £24 per head. They told us that there was no other food available. The next day we found that there is a poolside cafe which is much cheaper and served lunch all afternoon.

We informed the receptionists that we wanted to use the shuttle bus to go to the medina. We were told that we would be dropped off near the square. At no point did either receptionist offer us a map of the city which we later found out they had several copies of stored behind the counter. The driver of the shuttle dropped us off at a point nowhere near the square (we were unaware of this until he had driven away). This also meant that we had no idea where the pick-up point was later in the evening. After 3 hours of walking around in back streets of the medina in 40 degrees of heat and being harassed and given the wrong directions by the locals, we paid a cab driver a lot more money than the actual price to get us out of the medina and take us back to the hotel. When we informed the receptionist of where the driver had dropped us off and the fact that it had ruined our entire first day in marrakech we were greeted with a steely smile, no apology and no offer of any discounted dinner to apologise for their error.

My boyfriend had forgotten his iPhone charger and the room manual stated that reception held chargers for all kinds of phones for guests to borrow. Upon request for a charger, we had a very hostile response that the hotel didn't have that kind of charger.

Breakfast there was plenty of although it wasn't the best I've ever had. Breakfast begins at 7am, however if you are going on an early morning excursion between 7-8am, don't expect all breakfast items to be set out for you. In fact, there's hardly any staff on hand to assist. The tea/coffee is not easily accessible. When the staff are present, they are very selective as to whom they will offer tea/coffee to which seems to sum up the attitude of most of the staff at this hotel.

Overall not a pleasant stay. We would advise the management of this hotel that a 5* rating only comes with being friendly, helpful and attentive towards your guests. Definitely not worth the money!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and enhance our quality of service.
I am extremely concerned to read the various experiences you had encountered and would like to assure you that these are not at all reflective of the usual service standards we provide our guests here at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa. Be assured your observations have been addressed.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to show you we can do better.

Khalid Issig
Reading, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Very modern luxurious hotel. Very good facilities although we went in July which is out of season due to extreme heat so we found some of the restaurants where not open. Staff generally very helpful although the staff at the pool restaurant could be more friendly.

They offer a minibus to take you into Marrakech which is about 4 miles away from the hotel. Unfortunately the last one back is 8pm which is far too earlier as Marrakech is only just coming alive then so a cheap taxi is needed to get back to the hotel (about 150 dirhams).

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ray T
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall it was a nice hotel. The food was good especially in the moroccan restaurant. It was quiet and relaxing all through our stay.
At night there was little animation but we did not miss it that much.
The poolboys are very nice guys, always very helpful and kind ( Mounir and Marouane).
The women at the bars could be a little nicer, it seemed that they were only extra nice to people who spoke Arab.
The room was ok, airco always worked. For a 5-star hotel we think that the rooms could use a little renovation because with a closer look you could see that the room was not completely finished nicely.
Visiting to city of Marrakech is also included at the hotel and was certainly nice to do.
Overall we give the hotel 7,5/10

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyon, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The service of the hotel was definitely not up to the standard of a 5-star hotel. We had to ask 3x for a bed for our baby which only turned up at 11pm (despite the reservation having been made several months in advance and us arriving at the hotel at 6pm). We had to wait 45 min and go back to recption 5x to get our bags picked up! And the booking of our half board was wrong so we got a very rude call at 11pm on our first night telling us we had not signed the restaurant bill. On top of this, there is absolutely no atmosphere in the hotel at all and the staff is not at all friendly. The only positive is the Kid's Club which helps for 2 hours pe day as well as their baby sitting service in the evening (10 euros per hour).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, as this is how we improve.

I was concerned to read that you haven't been pleased with the service rendered during your stay and that those details have prevented you from being a 100% satisfied . Please rest assured that your comments have been adressed to the concerned person to take appropriate action.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort by welcoming again soon.

Khalid Issig
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's very rare that I rave about a hotel but I feel that this one deserves it. I stayed at the Pullman for three nights and I could not fault it in any way. The staff all the way from the reception, to the bar side cafe to the cleaners to the men tending the beautifully landscaped gardens where accommodating, friendly and very helpful. The room was immaculate, the bed comfortable, the towels and bath robes fluffy and the air con a dream.
I stayed on a B&B basis and the breakfast was fabulous with a wonderful range of fresh fruit, nuts, yogurts, cold meats, cereals.......you name it, it was there. The chef will also whip you up a fresh omelette or crepe to your liking. There was also a never ending flow of coffee, tea or that wonder known as Moroccan Whisky (mint tea).
During the day there are sun beds around the pool with complimentary towels to use which I thought was a very nice touch. By night the temperature drops and the Moroccan lanterns come on to create a indulgent ambiance that relaxes you to the core.
There is a free shuttle bus that will take you to the Medina or there are plenty of taxis just outside that will also take you wherever you want to go.
This hotel was truly an oasis of calm and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone and I for one can't wait to return to this little bit of paradise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family