“Best to keep this place a secret!”

Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa
Ranked #77 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked a weekend break through Secret Escapes at start of November, organised by Fleetway Travel.

I think the place should be kept a secret, as we were very disappointed.

A very good clean hotel but empty! I doubt more than 20 of the 230 bedrooms were in use. The place was empty. Frequently there were only a dozen people in the bar, restaurant or swimming pool.

The food was good but the demotivated staff do not say much and only reluctantly serve you. Clearly a case of poor management.

There is very little information provided in the room. After the first day the tea and coffe supplies are not replenished.

The hotel is located in an isolated location around 20 minutes from Marrakech. If you don't buy an excursion there is little else to do.

In the hotel there is no where to buy even a bar of chocolate or a newspaper.

The hotel was completely unaware of the package as advertised by Fleetway Travel and Secret Escapes. They did not know about the Morrocan tea on arrival and free city excursion.

Otherwise an excellent hotel, just badly managed!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Baron123456

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked this through Secret Escapes and got an amazing deal, I was therefore a bit worried that the hotel would not live up to its rating but I was wrong. The staff are lovely, and if you ask they are happy to let you check out as late as you want which was a real bonus for us as our flight home didn't leave until 8pm. The guys that run the pool sun beds are lovely and lent us tennis racquets for our whole stay... I could see how some people may find the hotel slightly soulless and out of the way but it was just what we needed, very quiet and relaxing and a real chill out from the Medina. I will definitely be back and I would bring our children too as there were lots of families staying. Great value!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear guest,

Your feedback regarding your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa is truly humbling.

We appreciate the time you took to provide your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time to you visit.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unfortunately the customer service my girlfriend and I experienced at the hotel was appalling - especially for a five-star hotel.
Firstly, the package we booked included a Hamman. When checking with the reception about booking the hamman, we were told we were entitled to an hour-long body scrub. On checking out, we were then told we had to pay for the treatment - as our entitlement was solely to the Hamman room, and not the treatment itself!
I explained that I had verified what we were entitled to with reception, but it fell on deaf ears and a 20-minute argument ensued. I was told I had made up the conversation with reception and was made to pay.
Another incident was the free bus transfer which we had put our names down for - but were then ejected from the bus just as we were about to depart, as they had actually put our names down for the following day by mistake. Yet we were told it was our fault and that we had requested the following day transfer - despite having checked out! In the end, a man from the hotel drove us to the airport in what we thought was a rare act of good service - until he made us pay 200 dirhams at the end of the journey!
There was also a smell of sewers, and some half eaten room service was not cleared from our opposite room for 24 hours - despite my complaints, given the smell and insects it had attracted. We also found our mini-bar half used when we arrived. Half-eaten Pringles and half-drunk Red Bull were there when we checked in and not replaced. No shower gels/shampoos were replaced either throughout our stay.
We were also told we couldn't have a snack at the hotel and had to have the full buffet service - despite there being a room service menu of snacks which you could only access from your room, and were not allowed to take to the bar.
The breakfast buffet was a free for all. Refills were not forthcoming, which forced people to take the coffee pots to their tables, and guests were rummaging around drawers and cupboards looking for cutlery and plates.
On the plus side, the tennis courts and pool were lovely and it's a relaxing setting away from the madness of the city itself.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Seb V

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit at The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa. We hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are extremely concerned to read the various experiences you had encountered and would like to assure you that these are not at all reflective of the usual service standards we provide our guests. Please rest assured we have noted your comments and passed on to our colleagues to ascertain an appropriate solution and ensure this doesn’t get repeated.

Thank you again for providing your feedback as this allows us to put preventative measure in place to ensure we consistently provide a high level of service to all our guests.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Excellent conditions and beautifull place to rest. The staff is very carefull about you. The restaurant is also very nice and we can take our meals just outside near gardens. I recommend this hotel also for company's meetings, they have anything you need. I come to Marrakech every months since 2006 and is one of the best hotels.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Vasco M
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.
We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time you visit!

Your appreciation means a lot to the team and your remark to the management.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been in other pullman hotels in Barcelona and Paris só I trust the brand, like I trust all Accor brands however this stay was particulary strange...

The hotel is situated about 20 min by car from the city center. We went by car so we had a transportation but as far as I know the hotel has a Marrakesh-hotel service for guests that didn't go by car. The check in was done nicely with a drink offer that felt good after 3 hour trip. Staff was nice although they didn't seem to dominate english which is normal in Marroco.

We accepted to pre pay a 500€ warranty and were directed to our room. Being a resort the rooms are located through out the resort area. Ours was a bit far from the swimming pool but we could call for a buggy for a ride so no harm in there. Rooms were spacious and nice, good tv with international channels. The bed was confy and the bathroom although it didn't have a bath tub was ok. The swimming pool was very good and the water was always about 27/30 degrees.

So... So far so good.... The worst was the service. On the first night they didn't clean our room. We left only at 1 Pm but we stayed out about 4 to 5 hours... We left again for dinner and actually called reception to clean the room. On our return they had made the bed and changed the Towels but didn't put more amenities or (and this is the best part) put more toillet paper!! We actually had to call reception at 11pm to ask to toillet papper on a 5 star hotel...

Second night we left earlier and when we return from our day trip into busy marrakesh decided to take a nice shower. I'm on the shower and my boyfriend was already out when someone starts knocking on the door. We were both naked so we start saying 'just. a second' and fortunatelly my boyfriend manage to put a robe on when the hotel guy puts his key on the lock and enters wide in the room asking to check the mini bar (????). He didn't seem preocupied with being in front of a person in a robe and another locked On the bathroom, didn't ask if it was a bad timming, nothing! It was embarassing and never happened to me in any range of hotel... Were we really on a 5 star?? (just for the record they checked our mini bar 3 times before we left and we stayed only 3 nights...)

On our last day we were pretty much expecting anything... And more things did happen. We were taking breakfast and when my boyfriend went inside to pick more stuff this lady comes to me with a paper to sign since we had no breakfast included, while I was signing she asked me if I was aware my boyfriend had dinned on the restaurant alone because he had signed with his name and not mine... Of course I was aware... Did you honestly fought I wasn't...

I honestly didn't feel confortable in my stay here. The whole time I felt they were suspicious of me for something (and they had the 500€ warranty....) the room cleaning for me was great fail, entering a guest rooms it's just rude if not illegal... I expect to be treated very well on a 5 star even if I'm paying a special price, which was the case.

Good hotel... Very poor service far from a 5 star!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mi_coelho
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.

I would like to personally apologize to you if we did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I have discussed the mentioned issues with the concerned departments to ensure this doesn't get repeated.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Pullman last week, when visiting for a short city break to marrakech. I booked via groupon, which basically meant that of the price paid, we effectively got breakfast free. also was keen to book since it is under the accor group and so was keen to go with a big brand.

The resort was wonderful! All of the staff, especially breakfast staff were amazing, the rooms were immaculate. Check in was simple and fuss free!
The resort is about 20 minutes away from the centre but actually it was quite nice coming back to a peaceful paradise after busy days!
Also- i recommend the spa! the morrocan hammam treatments and facials are a real treat and the spa is so different to english spas!
For those who are visiting- id definitely recommmend speaking with Bouchra at reception, shes brilliant at making recommendations for places to visit!

The hotel do run a shuttle service- but if you visit the resort- don't rely on it for getting you back! The idea is the shuttle taxi takes you from the hotel and collects you from a certain point in the city- one day i spent 40 minutes waiting for a shuttle which never came. Upon coming back to the hotel, i got the impression the duty manager didnt really realise how ridiculous this was- explaining it away as saying they dont employ that driver. We were offered our transfer back to the airport as complimentary, but to be honest, this was only after i had chased the duty manager 3 times to see why noone had come to collect us when we were told someone would!
Also, after leaving the hotel, we realised we had forgotten a couple of bits in our room, emailed the duty manager twice- no reply- this was annoying. If anyone from the hotel does read this, please, please do get back in contact- it would be great to get those bits back!

I would definitely visit again, but perhaps when it's not so hot (45/50 degrees when we visited!)!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank natasha1988186338
PullmanMarrakech, Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments, I'm glad to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Could you please provide me with further details on this address: H3000-HR2@accor.com

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Quality Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just returned from a 5 night trip at the Pullman resort and spa Marrakech with many great memories. On arrival with my husband and two young kids (8 and 2) we were dropped off by our taxi and immediately whisked to reception on a golf buggy which the kids loved. We were quickly checked in and whisked to our room. The room was spotlessly clean and although a bit of a squeeze (when the sofa bed was opened) it was to a very high standard. The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of different foods to suit everyone, including pancakes and omelettes cooked to order. I loved the traditional mint tea, made using the fresh mint cut from the amazing herb garden. My 8 year old son loved the kids club, with English speaking staff and wide range of toys and activities, including go karts. He even held a tortoise! The swimming pool area was exceptional. As we walked to our lounger the lifeguard promptly came over and made up our sun lounger with fresh towels and put up a large sun shade, we felt well looked after. Dinner was a delight every evening, with beautifully presented soups, meats, salads, pastas, Moroccan food and amazing desserts and fruit. There was also some light entertainment with live Moroccan music played by our table (giving our meal a really authentic feel). After dinner we discovered a room with Pool table and table football which we found ourselves in most evenings. We found the resort and beautifully well-kept grounds a peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. We found all the staff to be very pleasant and helpful (especially Ahmed on reception) given the very slight language barrier ( we soon brushed up on our French). Our only criticism would be a lack of information book in the room detailing the resort facilities and details of activities locally and the fact that the resort was a little quiet, but as it is new I am sure this will change. I would definitely recommend this resort.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Harvwill
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your five night trip at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.

Your appreciation means a lot to the team and your remark to the management.

Kindest regards,