“Very relaxing and incredible value”

Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa
Ranked #79 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing and incredible value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked this through Secret Escapes and got an amazing deal, I was therefore a bit worried that the hotel would not live up to its rating but I was wrong. The staff are lovely, and if you ask they are happy to let you check out as late as you want which was a real bonus for us as our flight home didn't leave until 8pm. The guys that run the pool sun beds are lovely and lent us tennis racquets for our whole stay... I could see how some people may find the hotel slightly soulless and out of the way but it was just what we needed, very quiet and relaxing and a real chill out from the Medina. I will definitely be back and I would bring our children too as there were lots of families staying. Great value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Your feedback regarding your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa is truly humbling.

We appreciate the time you took to provide your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time to you visit.

See you soon!

Jalil Chebihi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unfortunately the customer service my girlfriend and I experienced at the hotel was appalling - especially for a five-star hotel.
Firstly, the package we booked included a Hamman. When checking with the reception about booking the hamman, we were told we were entitled to an hour-long body scrub. On checking out, we were then told we had to pay for the treatment - as our entitlement was solely to the Hamman room, and not the treatment itself!
I explained that I had verified what we were entitled to with reception, but it fell on deaf ears and a 20-minute argument ensued. I was told I had made up the conversation with reception and was made to pay.
Another incident was the free bus transfer which we had put our names down for - but were then ejected from the bus just as we were about to depart, as they had actually put our names down for the following day by mistake. Yet we were told it was our fault and that we had requested the following day transfer - despite having checked out! In the end, a man from the hotel drove us to the airport in what we thought was a rare act of good service - until he made us pay 200 dirhams at the end of the journey!
There was also a smell of sewers, and some half eaten room service was not cleared from our opposite room for 24 hours - despite my complaints, given the smell and insects it had attracted. We also found our mini-bar half used when we arrived. Half-eaten Pringles and half-drunk Red Bull were there when we checked in and not replaced. No shower gels/shampoos were replaced either throughout our stay.
We were also told we couldn't have a snack at the hotel and had to have the full buffet service - despite there being a room service menu of snacks which you could only access from your room, and were not allowed to take to the bar.
The breakfast buffet was a free for all. Refills were not forthcoming, which forced people to take the coffee pots to their tables, and guests were rummaging around drawers and cupboards looking for cutlery and plates.
On the plus side, the tennis courts and pool were lovely and it's a relaxing setting away from the madness of the city itself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Seb V
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit at The Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa. We hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are extremely concerned to read the various experiences you had encountered and would like to assure you that these are not at all reflective of the usual service standards we provide our guests. Please rest assured we have noted your comments and passed on to our colleagues to ascertain an appropriate solution and ensure this doesn’t get repeated.

Thank you again for providing your feedback as this allows us to put preventative measure in place to ensure we consistently provide a high level of service to all our guests.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Excellent conditions and beautifull place to rest. The staff is very carefull about you. The restaurant is also very nice and we can take our meals just outside near gardens. I recommend this hotel also for company's meetings, they have anything you need. I come to Marrakech every months since 2006 and is one of the best hotels.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Vasco M
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.
We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your generous thoughts and comments and we look forward to providing you exceptional service the next time you visit!

Your appreciation means a lot to the team and your remark to the management.

Kind regards,

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been in other pullman hotels in Barcelona and Paris só I trust the brand, like I trust all Accor brands however this stay was particulary strange...

The hotel is situated about 20 min by car from the city center. We went by car so we had a transportation but as far as I know the hotel has a Marrakesh-hotel service for guests that didn't go by car. The check in was done nicely with a drink offer that felt good after 3 hour trip. Staff was nice although they didn't seem to dominate english which is normal in Marroco.

We accepted to pre pay a 500€ warranty and were directed to our room. Being a resort the rooms are located through out the resort area. Ours was a bit far from the swimming pool but we could call for a buggy for a ride so no harm in there. Rooms were spacious and nice, good tv with international channels. The bed was confy and the bathroom although it didn't have a bath tub was ok. The swimming pool was very good and the water was always about 27/30 degrees.

So... So far so good.... The worst was the service. On the first night they didn't clean our room. We left only at 1 Pm but we stayed out about 4 to 5 hours... We left again for dinner and actually called reception to clean the room. On our return they had made the bed and changed the Towels but didn't put more amenities or (and this is the best part) put more toillet paper!! We actually had to call reception at 11pm to ask to toillet papper on a 5 star hotel...

Second night we left earlier and when we return from our day trip into busy marrakesh decided to take a nice shower. I'm on the shower and my boyfriend was already out when someone starts knocking on the door. We were both naked so we start saying 'just. a second' and fortunatelly my boyfriend manage to put a robe on when the hotel guy puts his key on the lock and enters wide in the room asking to check the mini bar (????). He didn't seem preocupied with being in front of a person in a robe and another locked On the bathroom, didn't ask if it was a bad timming, nothing! It was embarassing and never happened to me in any range of hotel... Were we really on a 5 star?? (just for the record they checked our mini bar 3 times before we left and we stayed only 3 nights...)

On our last day we were pretty much expecting anything... And more things did happen. We were taking breakfast and when my boyfriend went inside to pick more stuff this lady comes to me with a paper to sign since we had no breakfast included, while I was signing she asked me if I was aware my boyfriend had dinned on the restaurant alone because he had signed with his name and not mine... Of course I was aware... Did you honestly fought I wasn't...

I honestly didn't feel confortable in my stay here. The whole time I felt they were suspicious of me for something (and they had the 500€ warranty....) the room cleaning for me was great fail, entering a guest rooms it's just rude if not illegal... I expect to be treated very well on a 5 star even if I'm paying a special price, which was the case.

Good hotel... Very poor service far from a 5 star!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mi_coelho
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.

I would like to personally apologize to you if we did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that I have discussed the mentioned issues with the concerned departments to ensure this doesn't get repeated.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Pullman last week, when visiting for a short city break to marrakech. I booked via groupon, which basically meant that of the price paid, we effectively got breakfast free. also was keen to book since it is under the accor group and so was keen to go with a big brand.

The resort was wonderful! All of the staff, especially breakfast staff were amazing, the rooms were immaculate. Check in was simple and fuss free!
The resort is about 20 minutes away from the centre but actually it was quite nice coming back to a peaceful paradise after busy days!
Also- i recommend the spa! the morrocan hammam treatments and facials are a real treat and the spa is so different to english spas!
For those who are visiting- id definitely recommmend speaking with Bouchra at reception, shes brilliant at making recommendations for places to visit!

The hotel do run a shuttle service- but if you visit the resort- don't rely on it for getting you back! The idea is the shuttle taxi takes you from the hotel and collects you from a certain point in the city- one day i spent 40 minutes waiting for a shuttle which never came. Upon coming back to the hotel, i got the impression the duty manager didnt really realise how ridiculous this was- explaining it away as saying they dont employ that driver. We were offered our transfer back to the airport as complimentary, but to be honest, this was only after i had chased the duty manager 3 times to see why noone had come to collect us when we were told someone would!
Also, after leaving the hotel, we realised we had forgotten a couple of bits in our room, emailed the duty manager twice- no reply- this was annoying. If anyone from the hotel does read this, please, please do get back in contact- it would be great to get those bits back!

I would definitely visit again, but perhaps when it's not so hot (45/50 degrees when we visited!)!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank natasha1988186338
PullmanMarrakech, Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments, I'm glad to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Could you please provide me with further details on this address: H3000-HR2@accor.com

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Quality Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a 5 night trip at the Pullman resort and spa Marrakech with many great memories. On arrival with my husband and two young kids (8 and 2) we were dropped off by our taxi and immediately whisked to reception on a golf buggy which the kids loved. We were quickly checked in and whisked to our room. The room was spotlessly clean and although a bit of a squeeze (when the sofa bed was opened) it was to a very high standard. The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of different foods to suit everyone, including pancakes and omelettes cooked to order. I loved the traditional mint tea, made using the fresh mint cut from the amazing herb garden. My 8 year old son loved the kids club, with English speaking staff and wide range of toys and activities, including go karts. He even held a tortoise! The swimming pool area was exceptional. As we walked to our lounger the lifeguard promptly came over and made up our sun lounger with fresh towels and put up a large sun shade, we felt well looked after. Dinner was a delight every evening, with beautifully presented soups, meats, salads, pastas, Moroccan food and amazing desserts and fruit. There was also some light entertainment with live Moroccan music played by our table (giving our meal a really authentic feel). After dinner we discovered a room with Pool table and table football which we found ourselves in most evenings. We found the resort and beautifully well-kept grounds a peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. We found all the staff to be very pleasant and helpful (especially Ahmed on reception) given the very slight language barrier ( we soon brushed up on our French). Our only criticism would be a lack of information book in the room detailing the resort facilities and details of activities locally and the fact that the resort was a little quiet, but as it is new I am sure this will change. I would definitely recommend this resort.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Harvwill
PullmanMarrakech, General Manager at Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your five night trip at the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & Spa.

Your appreciation means a lot to the team and your remark to the management.

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful break at this lovely hotel, and my stay was far better than expected. The service was far from slow as others have mentioned and even though it is a new hotel I did not get the impression that the staff were still “in training” as other reviewers had mentioned. The staff were extremely helpful even given my lack of French, and also very polite and happy. The check in was smooth and I was given a mocktail on arrival (wish I had asked for the recipe!), and I was then taken by a golf type buggy to my room, which are in small apartments on the grounds. The porter showed me where everything was and was very helpful. The room was lovely and spacious, complimentary water and a sweet Moroccan pastry which was delicious, the room had tea making facilities, a safe, TV, hairdryer, toiletries (even down to cotton buds, nail file, cotton wool pads and shower cap), sofa (not sure if it was a sofa bed or not), air con, wifi and bathrobes and slippers. There was also the option of having clothes washed for you which was handy to know.

The grounds are spacious and obviously well looked after. A nice surprise was the herb garden which I thought was a nice touch and shows that the hotel is trying to be self sufficient despite it being part of the Accor group. The pool area was adequate with a poolside cafe, showers and toilets – lots of seating areas and sunbeds, with plenty of umbrellas and provided towels. There was also a lifeguard, probably worth mentioning in case you have children. There is also a paddling pool for the kids, but most seemed to use the main pool.

The food was amazing, with a good selection, and a special feast was put on for Ramadan with some Moroccan musicians – which again, I thought was a nice tough. A lot of thought was obviously put in, and the chef happily explained what everything was and was obviously very passionate about the food. There was a set price for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and although there was a poolside bar offering light snacks (same also available for room service), it could get pricey if there were a few of you travelling. Unless you are travelling into the Medina, there are no other options local to the hotel.

There is a Shuttle to the Medina a couple of times a day and also a spa which offers a good selection of treatments.

As another guest just mentioned, I think it would be great to have an Information book in each room – perhaps opening times and prices of restaurant, opening times and prices of spa, local travel details, a map and other information. This would save reception being bombarded with questions.

I would definitely stay again but it is definitely more of a treat for me – although it was worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kristan1980
Dear Guest,

We are all enthralled by your nice comments, the team and the management – Thank you!

We have noted your suggestion for an information book; and we will soon take an appropriate action.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Yours sincerely,

Jalil Chebihi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa
Palmeraie Palace
Palmeraie Palace
#128 of 495 in Marrakech
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,169 reviews

Been to Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!