Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Muhammad thank you!!!

Our 3 nights dessert tour to Erg Chigaga is highly recommended! We joined a standard 3 night tour... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
851luil
via mobile
Desert 4 day tour excellent

Today we ended our tour of 4 days and it was super. Mohammed our tour guide, driver, host was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Paul-Baaij
Zaandam, The Netherlands
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from $26.45
from $126.48
from $45.99
from $135.68
More Info
All reviews erg chigaga omelette day tour camel ride first night sand boarding atlas mountains luxury tour once in a lifetime luxury camp milky way toilet and shower sand dunes camel milk long drive land cruiser amazing experience
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Our guide Abdul was very accommodating and always on time. We took the 3 day Erg Chebbi trip and there was a lot of driving but the experience was amazing. Abdul even brought us to his families house for lunch and even though there was a language barrier they were very kind and welcoming - they even dressed us in traditional clothes and did some henna. It was an authentic experience and one I would suggest to other travelers. Thanks Abdul!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

We did the 3 day tour and although fast it was very very good. Our driver Rasheed was fantastic. He spoke terrific English and was happy to chat as much as we wanted which was a lot. He offered to stop wherever for a quick photo and nothing was too much. We also received discounts at a few lunch spots as he was friends with everyone. The Sahara was great, it was too hot for Erg Chigaga when we were there so we went to Erg Chebi. Myself, my wife and sister and cousin enjoyed the trip very much. We would not hesitate to recommend the tour to anyone. It was a lot of driving on day three back to Marrkech (about 10 hours for 600kms) however we are from Australia so we are quite use to a lot of driving. We had a 2 month old Toyota Prado which had good air conditioning. As we had three in the back seat the whole time it was pretty cramped and a bigger car would have been a bit better. Terrific trip overall, Thanks Rasheed! Brenton

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our experience with Top Desert, especially the actual excursion into the desert (nothing compares to a camel ride in the Sahara!). All the included meals were well above our expectations—in fact they were some of the most delicious we had in Morocco. The desert camp itself was lovely and the hosts were incredibly welcoming and entertaining.

However, we are particularly glad we had Abdo as our driver and guide. He made every stop along the lengthy drive to Erg Chebbi from Marrakesh more enjoyable. He was extremely considerate, always making sure we were comfortable on the journey, and quickly grew to feel more like a friend than a guide. Abdo is also hilarious and goes out of his way to make sure you are getting the best out of the experience. We shared our music with each other on the lengthy car ride and we learned we both had similar tastes in music! We learned a great deal about Morocco and Moroccan people during our conversations with him. We took pictures with Abdo as he became a part of our adventure. He gave us the flexibility to make the trip our own, going so far as to say “Whatever you want, you’re the client.” His car is comfortable and spacious, which is certainly needed for a pleasant journey. Even after driving about 20 hours over 3 days, Abdo was always cheery and in good spirits. At the end of the trip, he even walked us to the front door of our AirBnB in Marrakesh to make sure we arrived safely. We completely recommend TopDesert and only hope you are lucky enough to have Abdo as your own guide!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

After numerous hours of research, our group short listed Top Desert for our upcoming trip to Morocco. Weeks before pulling the trigger, I had a number of questions that we wanted answered prior to taking the plunge and from the get-go, Moha and his team were on the ball with prompt responses. The day was finally here. Our group of 4 fly into Marrakech the night before our 3-day journey to Erg Chigaga and we connect with Top Desert who immediately put us in contact with our tour guide for the coming days, Abdul. One of the main reasons we choose Top Desert was due to the overwhelming positive reviews that Abdul has managed to garner while working for the tour operator. About a month before our trip, I had requested to Abdul by name and as luck would have it, he was available to lead our journey into the desert.

Now, I don’t want to make this whole review about Abdul but our whole group agreed that had we not had him around, the trip would simply not be the same. He was courteous, professional, considerate, caring, understanding and literally accommodated to every single one of our (many) needs without breaking a smile. Despite visiting in early June during the month of Ramadan while Abdul and the rest of Morocco was fasting throughout the day, our group received nothing but quality and professionalism from everyone. Below is a brief synopsis of how our 3-day trip went:

Day 1: Pickup at 8:00 AM

Having already broken the ice with Abdul the night before, meeting him for the first time was seamless. He suggested a pick up time but made it very clear that it’s our vacation and that he would tailor the respective excursion based on our wants and needs and that’d he’d be there to facilitate whatever we wanted. He arrives a little bit early and notes that we can take as much time as we need to finish getting ready. The air-conditioned Toyota is packed with water and is ready to go. We ask his assistance in getting some SIM cards on the way which he delivers on while we’re on route. He gives us complete control of everything, the music we’d like to listen to (he has options in addition to having the ability to connect our respective devices via Bluetooth), the car temperature and made it clear that he can stop at any time for pictures, bathroom, etc. As we start driving, I immediately notice how above and beyond the other drivers Abdul appears to be. He drives according to the flow of traffic, never speeding and continuously practicing extreme defensive driving behaviors that are often lacking in certain parts of the world. Very early on we get to see his genuine personality and humour in play as proceeds to give us lessons in history, geography and even linguistics (the guy speaks perfect English, Arabic, Berber, French, Spanish and potentially more!). He is a literal Swiss Army Knife in human form and we could not be any fortunate having him as our guide for the next 3 days. About a quarter of the way through, we stop at a lovely quaint restaurant in Telouet Kasbah for some typical Moroccan delicacies. We’re about 1.5 hours away from our final destination of the night, Hotel Riad Ksar Ighnda which we arrive to at around 5pm. The place was simply magnificent, truly reminiscent of something you’d see in the movies. Our group thoroughly enjoyed the evening exploring the property, having a wonderful dinner and just enjoying a tranquil evening before making it to the desert the next day.

Day 2: Overnight at the Sahara!

We get picked up at the hotel shortly after breakfast as we continue to head towards Erg Chigaga. Our journey takes us through some historical spots that Abdul makes reference to along the way. We make it into the luxury desert camp at around 5:00 PM, where we’re greeted with fresh tea and a pack of camels that are ready for our sunset ride across the dunes. From the second we step into this little slice of heaven in the middle of nowhere, we instantly feel part of the family. The staff are genuine, caring and go above and beyond accommodating to every single one of our needs. Our rooms are simply immaculate, I’ve never seen anything so clean in my life, and we’re surrounded by nothing but sand! Abdul hands us over to the very capable hands of the camp manager (Mohammad) and notes that we’ll see him after dinner for a campfire filled with music and good conversations. Dinner is marvelously crafted by the camp crew in a beautifully traditionally decorated room. The a la carte dinner consists of plentiful authentic Moroccon cuisine fit to feed an army. The late night Berber music was simply a treat, as we got to learn some more of Abdul’s hidden talents. Star gazing the pure sky at the end of the night was simply divine.

Day 3: More Fun Before Reality Sets In

The camp crew recommends being up before 5:00 AM to watch the world’s best sunrise and boy does it live up to the hype. Wifey and I crawl back to bed for another hour afterwards and we are advised that a traditional Moroccon feast would be waiting for us before our departure. That certainly lived up to the hype as they set up a beautiful looking table on top of a nearby dunes and the food was once again to die for. The service, as always, was simply impeccable every step of the way. We check out shortly after breaky and instant regret begins to set in. Should we have splurged for a 4-day trip? Yes. Yes. Yes. Next time, no doubt. The way back is no different, as Abdul continued to impress right until we got to our doorsteps back in Marrakech. We showed our infinite gratitude to Abdul prior to his departure and months later, we still reflect back to how magical the whole trip was.

Do yourself and anyone you want to impress a favour by choosing Top Desert. Take it to the next level by asking for Abdul who will transform a memorable trip into a once in a lifetime experience!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Faris G
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I'm so grateful made a decision to join Top Desert 3 days 2 nights Sahara desert tour from Marrakech alone. My tour guide/ driver - Abdol is very experienced and very knowledgeable to share the Sahara culture with me. The tour details were so talior-made. I could make my call to skip the tourist spot or stay longer on where I liked. Before starting the tour, I kept on worrying if this company is trustworthy and safe enough to go alone. As a result, I had a peace of mind journey. Abdol arranged everything nicely and very good in time management so that I could have adequate me-time.

To sum up, I have no hesitation to refer this company for my friends to explore Sahara desert. If I could have time to explore Sahara again, I will still choose them as my travel companion.

Date of experience: July 2018