Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Muhammad thank you!!!

Our 3 nights dessert tour to Erg Chigaga is highly recommended! We joined a standard 3 night tour... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
851luil
via mobile
Desert 4 day tour excellent

Today we ended our tour of 4 days and it was super. Mohammed our tour guide, driver, host was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Paul-Baaij
Zaandam, The Netherlands
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from $26.45
from $126.48
from $45.99
from $135.68
More Info
All reviews erg chigaga omelette day tour camel ride first night sand boarding atlas mountains luxury tour once in a lifetime luxury camp milky way toilet and shower sand dunes camel milk long drive land cruiser amazing experience
Reviewed June 4, 2018

I took my 2 teenage sons to Morocco last summer. We did the Marrakech-Sahara-Fes tour. I was a bit hesitant booking, as I was traveling on my own with them and it was the middle of July! All three of our tour guides were great - knowledgeable, helpful and nice people. The drive to the Sahara was long, but absolutely amazing. The camel ride and camping (ok, actually glamping - facilities were very nice & yummy food) were really an experience of a lifetime. Even in July with 100+ temps, it was amazing! Just be sure to drink plenty of water. The sunrise camel trek is worth getting up early for - so peaceful!

Safety was never an issue. Food was amazing. The country and culture were beautiful. Accommodations were really nice. Moha and his team at Top Desert was always available to answer questions. Only thing to note is you pay 1/2 online and the other 1/2 is owed in cash in country. We had to go to several ATM's to get the balance owed which worked out fine.

I can't say enough good things about Top Desert and their people. We thank them for being gracious hosts to our family and definitely recommend their tours! Happy travels!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 3, 2018

I would recommend the 4 day 3 night tour as a minimum. This gives you 2 nights in the desert and 1 full day in the desert (1 night half way to the desert). The tour takes you past the spectacular high Atlas mountains, through the Anti-Altas and out to the desert. While it's a long way, the scenery and geography is constantly changing, even when in the desert it will change from rocky areas, to empty flat areas to giant sand dunes! On the way you will stop periodically for photo opportunities and breaks. Our driver, Brahim, was extremely patient, friendly and helpful. If he saw us hold a camera to the window, he would imminently slow down and ask if we wanted to stop. He was also knowledgeable about the area and generally good company with a good sense of humor. A superb way to see Morocco, I only wish I spent less time in Marrakesh and more time in the desert. 9/10

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did the tour to Erg Chigaga from Marrakech, and while the road was long and bumpy, it was well worth going to the wildest place in Morocco. The camp is amazing and the hospitality is top notch. Some of the best food we had was at the camp. The stars at night are absolutely incredible. Highly, highly recommend - longer and harder than Chebbi, but it is amazing how quiet it is out there. By far the most memorable experience in Morocco.

Also getting to see Air Benhadur (Yunkai for GoT fans) as well as the Glaoui Kasbah in Telouet is nice icing on the cake.

We also got a transfer to Essaouira - which was awesome - going from the Sahara to the Atlantic is quite the experience and a great way to see the country.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked a 4 day, 3 night desert tour with Top Desert which was fantastic and the highlight of our trip to Morocco! Our driver was Abdul who was wonderful - he explained sights along the way, had a great sense of humour and was incredibly accommodating and patient with us. The tour was tailored to exactly what suited our interests and everyone was really informative, and provided really good local knowledge and guidance. All the locals were fasting for Ramadan, but Abdul was more concerned for us, and took so much care of us to make sure we were okay! The desert experience is truly out of this world, it is the ultimate in glamping!! Nothing can beat sunset camel rides and sand boarding, and watching the stars in the Sahara Desert! Everyone at camp took so much care of us - we felt incredibly safe and you will never go hungry on this tour. Would highly recommend! Thank you so much Top Desert and Abdul and we hope to be back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Our 3 Day tour of Morocco with Rachid was absolutely amazing and exceeded all our expectations. He was a wonderful guide, safe driver, and surprised us with unique experiences throughout the tour. In addition to the sites the website listed, Rachid was also able to bring us into an authentic Berber home where rugs are being handmade daily. We were also able to meet his family who had prepared a lovely Moroccan style "pizza" for us and mint tea. Such a warm and welcoming family! It was amazing to meet locals and see a glimpse into their daily lives and culture. Truly a special traveling experience (one we would not have received without Top Desert Tours and Rachid). Then to top it off, the desert experience was just unreal - a once in a lifetime adventure. I was nervous about the camels being uncomfortable (I had read your bottom might be sore after), but I found the camels to be very well-cushioned and was not sore at all the next day, neither were my other two girlfriends. (We did take some Advil about 30 min before riding the camels as we heard that might help.) The campsite was great - brand new, with a private bathroom/shower within each tent, and it even had Wifi! The beds were pretty hard, however, and the tent did get stuffy at night (they are not air-conditioned) but other than that it was great. Through this tour, you see so much of the country and its unique sites along the way. I would very highly recommend one of these tours if you are visiting Morocco. It's a completely different experience than just visiting one of the major cities - it really rounds out a trip to Morocco perfectly. Rachid, thank you so much for a wonderful 3 day tour of your country! You were the best!!!