“best place to go” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #973 of 1,169 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Morro de Sao Paulo, BA
“best place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

we had a great time at this hostel, it was clean, great breakfasts, good location and really helpful staff.they planned for us a day trip to the mountains ourika valley ;and it was s really amazing.thank you for having us .chokran bzaf

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jim488168

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Piracicaba, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

awful place! weird and not honest people. One guy gave me food and charged afterwards and they took me out in the middle of the night because they overbooked. Beautiful pictures, worst staff ever. Rude, unpolite and always with some nonsense conversation. Don't recommend it at all!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pedrobourroul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was not a good place to stay in Marrakech. I did not feel comfortable with the staff. It felt better to spend the day out and about and just to sleep there than to pass anytime during the day there. The staff just stared a lot. One guy seemed like he was following my friend around. For this main reason i don't recommend this riad

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Treesandnature
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had an unpleasant stay in this riad fantasia. The staff barely spoke english and i don't speak french so very difficult to have useful information. That would have been fine apart from when i had a shower one morning a staff member tried to enter. I was very upset and did not feel safe as you can imagine. I also did not feel safe in the neighbourhood but to feel even less safe in the riad ruined my visit to a city that i really liked. I have not reviewed on this site before but as i booked it on the strength of other reviews here i felt i must share my experience

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Marijen123
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can highly recommend Riad Fantasia. It was one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. The location ist good, the rooms are clean und especially the Abdul and Zaid are doing a great job to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They make you breakfast and dinner, organize tours and always have a smile on their face. Even when i lost my cellphone in a car on a tour, they made calls and got it back for me. I will come back if I visit Marrakech once again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful welcoming Riad. Picked us up from the airport and gave us the lowdown on the city (first visit for two female travellers). Really friendly family home, everyone was so helpful. They went the extra mile to make us feel welcome and provide everything we needed. Brilliant location just 10mins walk from the main square. Gave us information on trips and excursions and made an amazing tagine for us on our last day. Would recommend them to anyone! Ahhh I miss it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The guys here were like my brothers- gave me advice about the medina, stored my luggage, helped me with food, everything. Having a great place like this really made me a lot more at ease about being a female, alone, first time in Morocco. I will always stay here in Marrakech, I loved it so much.

The dorm is very nice and a great price, and when I came back from the desert with some others in tow, they negotiated us a great price for another room as the dorm was full. I feel like this place is always willing to go out of their way to make your stay great, plus they're always making tea! When I left early to go to the airport, they left breakfast in a safe place for me in the kitchen.

You guys are amazing!