All reviews the main square bab aylen family run riad moroccan family roof terrace airport transfer busy medina do's and don'ts detailed map breakfast was amazing mint tea the ground floor every morning tucked away jemaa el rooms are beautiful nice riad
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I had a great stay in riad Tamarrakecht. I had a nice welcome with tea from Sara,and she explained everything I needed to know. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The terras on the roof is a great place to relax. It is a 15 minute walk to the square, with enough things to see on your way there. The breakfast is amazing. The whole family is so friendly and helpful, I was travelling alone and they really made me feel comfortable. I will definitely be back and recommend this riad to everyone.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2018

The staff led by Sara are absolutely amazing. I haven't written a Trip Adviser before, but they were so helpful from beginning to end that we thought we had too!

The Riad itself is very beautiful. Rooms are large and clean with lots of character. Breakfast was diverse and filling and I constantly enjoyed!

It is located in an ideal position for going to the market. The staff will help arrange any day trips (and they offer loads at good prices), as well as give you all the tips you need to have the best time in the city.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2018

We stayed in the Riad in July and it was the best decision of the trip. We arrived and the family were so welcoming. They told us everything we needed to know about the city, people and tips. They explained to us how to barter, to not listen to the fake directions etc etc. We knew if we needed anything or if there were an emergency we could call them. They made us feel very safe, as soon as we got back to the riad we knew we could relax, it was our safe haven.
The room was beautiful with a view of the courtyard pool, the air conditioning in the room was amazing too! The food was great, we had breakfast every morning and it was lovely.
I would highly recommend. A really safe, trustworthy place to stay. The hosts are so approachable, friendly and respectful. I adored them all, including the puppy!!!
Thank you Riad Tamarrakecht.

Room Tip: Safe Haven Riad and Hosts.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Riad Tamarrakecht was the first riad or hotel I stayed at during my two weeks in Morocco and it was far and away one of the best! Arriving after a long time traveling they were so welcoming and helpful! The owners spent time answering any questions I had and showing me the best ways to get around. The only downside is that it is slightly removed (about a 15 min. walk to Jemaa el-Fna square), but it was actually nice to get away from the busy square. The room was nice and clean and the breakfast each morning was delicious!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank lebowmike
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing Riad, could not of asked for a better experience. I have stayed at some amazing hotels but nothing can compare to this. We were treated so well by Sara and her family. The first night we were a bit scared to go out and it was quite late and we had not had dinner yet and yet her mother still cooked some dinner for us. When no one sold us cigarettes her brother went with us to help. Not to mention her little boy and the dog, what an amazing duo. Could of not felt more welcomed. They really do go above and beyond for their guests. Whatever you need she will always sort it out for you. Rooms are cleaned everyday with a set of fresh towels. Breakfast is absolutely amazing and not to mention her motherโ€™s cooking is off the roof. Seriosuly not a bad word I could say about this Riad. Thank you for everything :) If you go to Marrakech this is the place to stay. It is one of few Riads actually fun by a Moroccan family and will not lie to you about the city and tell you everything you need to know to make it an amazing trip. Wish them the greatest success.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple