This is a great place to stay.
- Everybody was welcoming from the moment we arrived and nothing was ever too much.
- The rooms are comfortable and equipped with the essentials including a decent A/C (useful in the summer!)
- the breakfasts were good
- they offer dinner and it was very nice (one of the best meals during our trip)
- the mint tea and snacks upon arrival are great
The place is very quiet at night and is great for a good rest. Marrakech is a tiring and chaotic city, so choosing a nice riad is important as you will want to have a nice retreat from the madness. Some people have complained about the location but I'd say it was well located. a 15-20 minute walk to the main tourist sights is pretty short but far enough away to get some decent sleep!
Please note Marrakech is a busy place and you won't be alone on the walk back - it is not particularly intimidating. It certainly is less intimidating than walking back in the the UK!
The value is astonishing and I hope this continues. We would definately head straight back to this riad if we were to stay again in Marraketch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Marrakech’s medina,Riad Tamarrakecht is a 15-minute walk from Jamaâ El Fna Square. You can admire the view of the Atlas Mountains from the terrace, and Moroccan dishes are served in the dining room. Free Wi-Fi access and a seating area feature in the air-conditioned rooms and suites, which have an elegant decoration. Each room has a private bathroom, which is decorated with Tadelakt. A traditional breakfast is prepared every morning at the Riad Tamarrakecht. Desserts include Moroccan pastries and homemade sorbet, and you can also request cookery lessons. You can relax in the pool in the patio or in the living rooms. Excursions can be organised on site and an airport transfer is possible at an extra cost. Marrakech International Airport is a 15-minute drive from this riad and Amelkis Golf Club is 6 km away. You can visit the Majorelle Gardens, an 8-minute drive away. Medina is a great choice for travellers interested in markets, shopping and street markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Riad Tamarrakecht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.