All reviews beautiful riad windy streets the main square trolley man perfect place to unwind mint tea rooftop terrace knock on the door big square hot tub home away from home huge bed sahara desert gave us a map felt like home restaurant reservations pancakes
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I stayed at Riad Vanilla sma in December
I cannot speak highly enough of the way I was treated.
My daughter and I were met at the airport by the taxi driver organised by the riad. He took us as far as he could in the taxi where we were met by a porter with a trolley who took us the rest of the way through the windy streets to the riad.
We were greeted by Nelly, the owner, with mint tea and a talk about Marrakech. She gave us a map and showed us where to find all of the local tourist attractions and recommended restaurants
Our rooms were beautifully decorated with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in.We had one dinner in the riad, chicken targene, was excellent
Redouan, the manager organised a trip to Imlil in the mountains for us. Spectacular. Tea on the terrace with the snow covered Atlas Mountains
Nelly's team made us so welcome, nothing was too hard for them
I cannot recommend Riad Vanilla sma highly enough, we had such a fantastic stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2018

I stayed for 3 nights in winter and felt so cared for and safe. Great attentive staff were there to look after everything I needed. They were happy to help sort out guides and explain all the best places to see around the city and how to get there, even organising private tours for us.
The room was so comfortable, the bed more comfy than my one at home. And very styled very classy, modern moroccan. I had a room with a MASSIVE bath, it felt so luxurious! And breakfast on the roof top was so calming compared to how busy the city and market are.
The location was so close the old market you can practically smell the spices!
I'd definitely stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2018

I stayed here with a friend for two nights and it was great. We were two girls in our mid twenties traveling together and felt completely comfortable staying here. While you're walking down the alley you aren't sure what you are going to get yourself into but once you open the door into the Riad its amazing. We arrived before our room was ready and waited only about 15 minutes with tea and cookies while they finished the room. The room was perfect and the Riad was really quiet at night. Location is with one walking distance to the square and the staff were very accommodating and went through an entire map of Marrakech explaining the city to us! Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed at the Riad Vanilla Sma during the New years Eve, and it was everything and more we could have asked for, the staff and the service was to the highest standard and the room was just what I wanted, good beds and showers, I recommend this place 120% if your going to Marrakech, and the location is as good as it can be in the middle of Medina, few steps away from the main square.

Thanks again!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2018

I've stayed in this Riad with my boyfriend (no problems for unmarried couples) for two nights. We booked by e-mail and they have already been helpful with that process (offered us to arrange a pick up at the airport, told us not to let us guide to the Riad by any scammers,...). As it is with almost anything in Marrakech, Vanilla Sma is not that easy to find: I recommend to print out the satellite view map from google, then you can find it on your own. It's situated about 5-10minutes from the main square Djeema El Fna (Riad Vanilla Sma ist the second last door in the alley). When travelling alone as a woman, I wouldn't like the atmosphere in the little alleys if it's dark and you don't know where to go through - so make sure you'll arrive during day time. Once you know your way it'll be okay :-) But then again, that's a "Marrakech-thing" in general...
We booked in two different rooms, first night in Kamar room and the second night in the suite Najma. Both were wonderful, with Najma a tad nicer. The room change was easy as: we packed our stuff and left it in the "old" room and when coming back it was in the "new" room. Since it's such a small Riad, the overall atmosphere was really calm - if you're looking for lots of action it may not be what you're looking for. If you want to relax - go for it! Nothing to complain about cleanliness. Oh, and it was warm and we had enoug warm water even though it was cold outside! One more thing: Riad Vanilla Sma takes it serious with being eco-friendly and brought the opened water bottle from room 1 to room 2 - that's one good way not to waste water (especially in a desert country)!
Freshly made breakfast was delicious and you don't leave hungry!
For being in Marrakech the Riad is a little pricey, tough - make sure you won't book through booking.com, you might get a special offer...
Would go again! (in fact we wanted to extend but it was fully booked...)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple