All reviews beautiful riad windy streets the main square trolley man perfect place to unwind mint tea rooftop terrace knock on the door big square hot tub home away from home huge bed sahara desert gave us a map felt like home restaurant reservations pancakes
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

What a surprise. After meandering along the small lanes of the Médina in Marrakech, a knock on the door revealed an oasis of peace, splendour and elegance awaiting us.
And all just a few minutes walk from the main square.
Our room, tastefully decorated, had everything that we needed; the bathroom, spacious and with all the modern features and facilities.
What really made our stay special was the fabulously warm and helpful staff that made our stay in Marrakech the best of all Morocco. From Nelly, owner, to Redouan, Khadija, Sultana and Aziz - everyone went out of their way to ensure we felt at home. After a hamman & massage on the last night, we finished with a superb 3 course meal cooked in the Riad.
6 out of 5 stars does not give this Riad the accolades it deserves.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Riad Vanilla'sma for 2 nights and absolutely loved it.
It is a tranquil oasis from the hustle and bustle of the medina streets. Everything is quality there, from the decor, the food and the staff. The proprietor is a delight and incredibly informative. Her suggestions for our visits and sightseeing were invaluable.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Wow; my partner and I are speechless after our stay in Riad Vanilla Sma.

It was absolutely perfect for the short time we were staying there. The second we walked through the little door we knew we were in somewhere special.

The service began a couple of days before arrival when Redouan messaged me asking if we needed a transfer to the Riad. All of the staff including Nelly who I had been emailing a lot prior to arrival, Redouan, Aziz, Sultana & Carossa the Trolley Man were absolutely amazing some of the nicest people I have ever met!

We stayed in the Sma Suite and it was sensational - a beautiful bath and a huge bed alongside a quaint sitting area.

Breakfast was an absolute dream; it was bought to us on the rooftop and was such an array of traditional and Moroccan delights!

We felt so touched by this Riad we both agreed that it was one of the best service we have ever we received.

Thank you for having us, we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Loved this Riad. It's like an oasis in the Medina. We stayed in the Deluxe SMA suite and weren't disappointed. Lovely setting and beautifully decorated. The staff at the Riad were amazing - extremely helpful. Made you feel at home. Ridwan and Aziz (the managers) were excellent and so helpful. Ridwan provided us advice on how to get around the Souks and sights to see - also organised some fabulous tours for us and even purchased all our train tickets for the trip. The food at the Riad was delicious- especially the Tagines - we had one every night - all the food was authentic, fresh and mouth watering. The Riad has a small dipping pool which is great to cool down in summer and a jacuzzi on the rooftop with nice views. The rooftop terrace is very romantic and the perfect place to unwind and have a meal. Thanks - Ridwan and Aziz - for making our stay memorable - we'll be back again. Merci beaucoup.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I decided to book a last minute solo trip to Marrakesh. I had some time off of work, and wanted a little adventure. Upon arriving in a country I had never been in before, where I didn't know the language or the currency (and after being up for 36 hours) I felt seriously in over my head.

Then I arrived at this riad and all my tension dissolved. The house is immaculate, and the manager, Redouane, could not have been kinder or more accommodating. Seriously, this place became my oasis after long, exhausting daily trips.

I'd recommend Riad Vanilla Sma to anyone who decided to visit Marrakesh and stay inside the medina.

Date of stay: July 2017