“Lovely hotel, value for money”

Red Hotel Marrakech
Ranked #178 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, value for money”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a 3 star hotel, so wasn't expecting too much, but I must say though I was very impressed with the cleanliness and room service. On entering the lovely orangey smell was very welcoming.
The hotel shares the pool and bar with the hotel next door. We only stayed in morocco for 5 days and found the Red hotel to be of good location opposite the train station and 20 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the markets. Overall a lovely place to stay for a short city break.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've been to Marrakech a few times and stayed in old French Colonial style hotels in Gueliz, Riads just off the square but this hotel, booked through easyjet holidays, was a real revelation.
Lovely welcoming reception, courteous and attentive staff, large spacious city-view room with everything we needed. Large king-size bed, balcony with a rivetting view of bustling Marrakech. Pool was amazing and a real sun-trap.
Breakfast was really pleasant with plenty of variety for a continental affair. Our waiter was superb and helped everytime we looked like we needed assistance. My wife had the best massage she's had for ages through in the sister hotel Opera plaza at roughly £20 - best vlue ever.
Perfectly sited for the train station and supratours and plenty of good taxis (40 MAD to Jmna Del Fnaa).
We thoroughly recommend this hotel for cleanliness, service, location, comfort and friendliness..

Room Tip: Take a high room overlooking the city for a balcony with a real spectacle whilst avoiding the traffi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony M
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to marakech, Morocco in Oct 13 & stayed at this hotel.
Absolutely loved everything it!
NORDIN & JAWDAD were fantastic at the reception! Nothing was too much trouble-always smiling & always happy to help.
Truly a memorable holiday-will definitely be back there!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Perfect if you arrive in Marrakech late in the day and want to be very handy for Supratours or train station. Large and clean room, the service was ok if impersonal . The restaurant wasn't open in the evening, but breakfast was fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank purplewellies
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a few days in August.
pro's: right opposite the train station which has KFC,mcdonalds & money exchange etc,very good location with lots of lovely cafés around & everything is only about 10mins away.the pool is really nice and clean.staff are quite friendly.
Con's: the room had a weird smell,was really dark & beds were hard.only wifi in the lobby, breakfast was limited just tea,coffee croissants & boiled eggs.
But for a budget hotel, its decent enough for a few days

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank raeesa_a
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you visit Marrakech this is the hotel you need to check into. The rooms and facilities are superb and the staff are amazing, especially the receptionists, they were a tremendous help! They are always there to answer your questions (Nordin, Marwan and Juwaud AKA Smiley :) lol) The staff were so friendly it makes me want to come back to morocco just to check into this hotel (no joke) I still remember when my sister lost her Iphone at the hotel and a day later it was found by one of the lovely cleaner ladies and was handed to Marwan the receptionist who then informed my sister about the lost phone, it shows how trustworthy the staff is and how safe you can feel being in this hotel. Juwaud *Cough* I mean smiley was the receptionist that checked us in, he was the first person we saw in morocco that was smiling :o so we nicknamed him smiley ;D I'll make sure to prank call you again when I get international calls ;) lol & Nordin is the best, he went through the hassle in booking all our incursions & he always sat with us and had friendly convos when we were by the lobby, He informed us all about the Moroccan sites and how much to give to taxi fares etc he took us out to a nice restaurant not too far from the hotel, he even offered us to come to his house on eid but unfortunately that was the day we left, miss everyone already, it was my First time in Marrakech but it definitely is not my last, will come again soon. Amir.C x

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked three nights in this hotel and I´m still regretting. The staff did not let me do the check in because they did not get any confirmation email from my travel agency however I showed the email to them but it was was not enough for the recepcionist and the thing is I´ve already paid for it. Instead of suggesting me a solution or calling the travel agency they asked to to do it because they are not doing any any international call. I had to go at 10 pm to the nearby hotel to spend the night there. I came back next morning because they guaranteed the day before it was going to be all sorted by next day but it wasnt at all and on top of that I had to wait several hours at the lounge for getting some information about what was happening as no one told me anything. I was completely exhasted so I paid again for the next 2 nights and just wanted to enjoy my last 2 days of holidays.
I´ve been pasing by the reception desk many times during those 2 days and I realized some other customers had the same problem that I had so my case was not an isolated one.

There are some good points about the hotel: The rooms are airy, it´s close to the train station, the pool arear is quite nice and is clean. On the other hand the negative ones are: It´s far from Jamaa el Fna, no wifi in the rooms, not as good breakfast as other riads/hotels, the sun is gone at 15.30 from the swiming pool, etc so overall it´s not good value for money at all.

I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for an authentic Morocco experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo