WINNER WONDERLAND

“Good value for a short break” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Hotel Marrakech

Red Hotel Marrakech
Ranked #172 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
“Good value for a short break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a few days in August.
pro's: right opposite the train station which has KFC,mcdonalds & money exchange etc,very good location with lots of lovely cafés around & everything is only about 10mins away.the pool is really nice and clean.staff are quite friendly.
Con's: the room had a weird smell,was really dark & beds were hard.only wifi in the lobby, breakfast was limited just tea,coffee croissants & boiled eggs.
But for a budget hotel, its decent enough for a few days

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank raeesa_a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you visit Marrakech this is the hotel you need to check into. The rooms and facilities are superb and the staff are amazing, especially the receptionists, they were a tremendous help! They are always there to answer your questions (Nordin, Marwan and Juwaud AKA Smiley :) lol) The staff were so friendly it makes me want to come back to morocco just to check into this hotel (no joke) I still remember when my sister lost her Iphone at the hotel and a day later it was found by one of the lovely cleaner ladies and was handed to Marwan the receptionist who then informed my sister about the lost phone, it shows how trustworthy the staff is and how safe you can feel being in this hotel. Juwaud *Cough* I mean smiley was the receptionist that checked us in, he was the first person we saw in morocco that was smiling :o so we nicknamed him smiley ;D I'll make sure to prank call you again when I get international calls ;) lol & Nordin is the best, he went through the hassle in booking all our incursions & he always sat with us and had friendly convos when we were by the lobby, He informed us all about the Moroccan sites and how much to give to taxi fares etc he took us out to a nice restaurant not too far from the hotel, he even offered us to come to his house on eid but unfortunately that was the day we left, miss everyone already, it was my First time in Marrakech but it definitely is not my last, will come again soon. Amir.C x

• Stayed October 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked three nights in this hotel and I´m still regretting. The staff did not let me do the check in because they did not get any confirmation email from my travel agency however I showed the email to them but it was was not enough for the recepcionist and the thing is I´ve already paid for it. Instead of suggesting me a solution or calling the travel agency they asked to to do it because they are not doing any any international call. I had to go at 10 pm to the nearby hotel to spend the night there. I came back next morning because they guaranteed the day before it was going to be all sorted by next day but it wasnt at all and on top of that I had to wait several hours at the lounge for getting some information about what was happening as no one told me anything. I was completely exhasted so I paid again for the next 2 nights and just wanted to enjoy my last 2 days of holidays.
I´ve been pasing by the reception desk many times during those 2 days and I realized some other customers had the same problem that I had so my case was not an isolated one.

There are some good points about the hotel: The rooms are airy, it´s close to the train station, the pool arear is quite nice and is clean. On the other hand the negative ones are: It´s far from Jamaa el Fna, no wifi in the rooms, not as good breakfast as other riads/hotels, the sun is gone at 15.30 from the swiming pool, etc so overall it´s not good value for money at all.

I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for an authentic Morocco experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Miguel A
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid just over £20 per night for a double room with breakfast which was such good value. My room overlooked the station and it was fascinating to sit on the balcony and watch daily life in Marrakech going by -like a film ! My room was very quiet thanks to the triple glazed doors, and very clean. The maids were wonderful. The pool was shared with the Opera Plaza via a connecting door and was a very good sized area compared to other hotels in the vicinity..Breakfast was a buffet -eggs,cheese,cold meat,salads,fruit ,yoghurt and pastries.It was very nice not to have to queue for things as there were usually only about 20 people in there.
There were plenty of reasonably priced cafes nearby for drinks and other meals,including a McDonalds next to the station ! (no,I didn't go there )

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony with a Station view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maggie H
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Clean modern hotel with everything you could want from a budget hotel. Service was excellent & nothing too much trouble. We were originally on 4th floor very quiet however slightly smelly due to a drainage issue and the room only had 2 single beds. So requested a room change. We ended up on 3rd floor at the front facing the main road & near the disco you may have read about in other reviews. I can honestly say I never heard the disco & yes the road is busy. But remember you are in a city & we enjoyed siting on the balcony watching the mayhem of the way the traffic missed each other. When we retired for the evening the 2 sets of patio doors silenced the outside world. We would absolutely recommend this hotel for a short stay or budget trip if you want 5 star this is not for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redy2
Rochdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Red Hotel is facing the station station and bus station (Supratours) so great for the traveller. Rooms - form over function ! no drawers, 3 coathangers, no electric on bedsides, rooms cleaned and tidied often. No tea/coffee making (reception admit this is not good), we did not hear any disco or road noise when the 2 sets of doors were closed and just the road noise when open. Room electric uses door credit card in slot to work. The bathroom is modern and clean with large shower cubicle, the shower goes very hot and very cold during use. Nice size balcony with plastic chairs and table. Good aircon in room (and does not go off when balcony doors open). Make sure you ask for a train station view, there are no pool views as this hotel is in an L shape wrapped round the Opera Plaza hotel - either train station view (you get a balcony) or side road (no balcony and bins/beggars view). Floor 1 is the where the restaurant is. Breakfast good (sliced meat, sliced cheese, jam, bread, sweet pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, natural yogurt, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, tea, coffee, hot chocolate), need milk jugs for people making tea. Reception friendly, mostly spoke good English, free wifi in reception area. Pool in adjoining hotel nice (needs cleaning by pool stools) and 20Dh for a small bottle of water and 500 for a 33cl beer is expensive. Go out of the hotel and go left until facing Supratours and wait on the roadside here for a bus to the square (4dH each) get off when you see the horses lined up. Supratours is the place to go to catch a bus to Essaouira (the beach), 70Dh pp, each way, is a 2 hour each way trip but well worth it

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a train station view, there are no pool views as this hotel is in an L shape...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We found that we have nothing to complain about, the staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and the pool area is great which is basically part of the same hotel with the sister hotel being linked directly with a nice relaxing bar with live music most nights will definately be returning.

• Stayed October 2013