WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #171 of 512 Hotels in Marrakech
st helens
“go red”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

we stayed here for 1 night,myself husband and daughter,and have to say that it was really lovely for the price.the young man on reception was very polite and helpful and our room had a veiwover the main stree twith corner balcony,good for people watching. the pool area was lovely,,and gypsy kings wer playing on cd,,although the beer was quite expensive. food in the restaurant was really nice and fresh and hot,we had half board,and we complimented the chef.they had a bar lounge with a singer on if you fancied a drink there,and some people just sat around the pool on beds as it as really warm. all in all we would definatley use this hotel again,and its great position near to supratours is ideal for us,as our main destination is always agadir. well done hotel RED

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank debbie8262

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

For a three star hotel this definately has elements that would be provided from four and five star hotels but at same time 3 star elements included.. The customer service, cleanliness in all areas of hotel and the swimming pool area are five star for me(I have stayed in five star in Dubai and this pool was better). The location is really good as there is a lot of top quality morrocon restaurants near by, plus your American franchises McDonald's and KFC are right opposite the hotel, pizza hut is a 10 minute walk... You also have a number of dessert shops nearby. Taxis are easily accessible around the hotel area, don't pay more than 20 dhirams for a 5 seater and no more than 60 for a seven seater if you are going jamah el finah, where the atmosphere is better in the evening, taxi drivers do try to con and start there prices from a ridiculous 150 dhirams, tell them 60 dhirams (for a 7 seater) and walk away, then they will agree. I suggest when returning from the square, take the horse and carriage, its beutiful and dont pay more than 60 dhirams for 6 ppl on one carriage. The hotel rooms are limited but very clean and get cleaned once a day for you, you get two towels, air conditioning, double or 2 single beds, tv, bidet, toilet shower, pretty much three star for me, when it comes to the room.. Staff is very helpful, they always are ready to help, will ring anyone for you from reception desk at no extra cost. You need to be responsible for your belongings, make sure they are locked away when you go out, as there is a warning in the room. I never used the restaurants in the hotel, apart from watching the man u V Chelsea game, only had a drink so can't comment :). There is a masseuce available within the hotel, pool table, wifi in lobby area and bowling alley around the corner. Besides the hotel we did the essaouira excursion which is two hours away from Marrakech, it is Beutiful, they pick you up from the hotel at 8am and drop you back off for 7pm, in essouaira you get more markets and a day on the beach. We paid 900 dhirams for 6ppl, which is 150 per person so you can negotiate a good price depending on your haggling skills, he originally wanted 300 per person. If you want to do quad biking, I suggest do it while your in essouaira than Marrakech as it is much better cause you ride through the beach and better track, and you get much better pics, we paid 700 dhirams altogether for 6 ppls each with their own quads.. Overall hotel is defo worth it, cause we paid £313 (£250 of this was flight) per person (3 rooms altogether each with twin beds) for 4 nights including flights with Ryanair, that includes baggage fee (I believe that is a bargain price for this hotel)... I hope you find this useful

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Travelleddestination
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is right opposite the train station so easily accessible,staff was nice,easy to go around Marrakesh and back from this hotel!Breakfast was limited but you wont starve!Rooms are clean have what you need!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mpho N
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I don't understand the recent negative reviews of this hotel.
The room was clean, pleasantly furnished with flat screen TVs and (very necessary) air conditioning. The staff were extremely helpful, particularly reception staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. The self service breakfast included hot and cold options as well as the usual continental fare and it varied slightly from day to day.
Our room was at the front of the hotel, opposite the railway station and overlooking a busy road into Marrakech. Although it was noisy when sitting on the balcony, it was a great place to watch the world go by. The noise was completely shut out when the double doors were closed at night.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Marrakech. My only problem was the heat. It was 48 degrees on the day we left (9th Aug). That'll teach me to go to Morocco in August!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was fine for average place, breakfast limited, said it had a bar but couldn't get a drink at 11pm when returned after dinner. Pool bar service was appallingly slow - 40 mins for a drink and pool ran out of towels. But quick and easy to city centre. Good for a basic stay for a couple of nights

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jessica P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I found this hotel to be perfect for what we wanted. I find it really hard to understand the previous comment about this hotel. The pool was warm! it fact sometimes it was very warm!! and if you are hot from the sun, the pool could feel cold, I suppose!! The staff at reception went out of their way to help with anything you asked of them and in fact offered suggestions and tips as to where to go and prices etc. The food was repetitive and if it wasn't for the lady outside cooking crepes etc, I could go hungry!! The staff who belonged to the hotel next door could sometimes be a bit surly but we got over that because the weather was beautiful and the pool, pool man, beds, towels supplied etc were great. When we arrived at the hotel the hotel reception went out of their way to find us the right room, offering us two keys to look at the rooms to see what we wanted, so nice!!! We picked one that had a balcony overlooking the train station - which when you closed BOTH doors was very quiet and the room was air conditioned, bliss!! Anyway not sure what people wanted from this quiet, reasonably priced hotel - I found it to be exactly what I wanted!!!

Room Tip: If you are not sure about your room, just go back downstairs to the reception and they will change i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandra564
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in May for a week. Most of the hotel staff were helpful and friendly, our room was cleaned every day and extra towels provided upon request. The bed was comfortable, and we had a good size balcony. However, when I booked the hotel I asked for a room at the back of the hotel with a balcony, as I am a light sleeper. I also followed up with an email and phone call before we traveled, to confirm they could provide this. When we arrived, the hotel did not give us a quiet room, and staff at reception told us that they no longer had any rooms at the back of the hotel with balconies as they had been taken over by the Royal Opera Plaza. This was extremely frustrating as I had confirmed before we arrived that the hotel could provide what we requested! The staff made no attempt to rectify this. As a result, I was woken many times over the entire week, with the heavy traffic outside. Apart from this issue, I have to say that this hotel is very very basic, it had a strange smell, & it generally does not have a nice feel to it at all. The decor in public areas and the breakfast room is aged and drab, the breakfast is very limited and starchy, and certain members of staff have absolutely no customer service skills, walking around looking very over-worked. It most definitely lacks that certain something, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a special experience in Marrakech. The pool at the Opera Plaza which we used was lovely, (but could be cold depending on the weather), and the staff at the pool bar were a lot more professional and upbeat. I think this hotel would have been a much better option. I know everyone has different standards, but if yours are even above average, then there are definitely much nicer places to stay in Marrakech. My partner & I would not set foot here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple