“Not so romantic”
Review of Heritage Spa

Heritage Spa
Ranked #2 of 110 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: The virtue of HERITAGE SPA is to transform your beauty care into the exeptional tailor-made event created just for you and you alone. At Heritage Spa the art of wellness is highly linked to the return to the nature and authenticity, a trip to the heart of ancient traditions of beauty. At the same time it is a place of Haute Beaute based on the rich experience of luxury cosmetics brands.Here at HERITAGE SPA , mental clarity is as vital to your wellness as your physical condition. Developed in coordination with international beauty experts, our tailored Beauty and Body programs will provide the ultimate experience.Each of your treatments are highlighted by natural plants’ extracts and aromatic restorative oils. They will leave you feeling relaxed, content and deliciously pampered.Our exigency made us choose the best cosmetique brands such as CARITA, NECTAROME, CHARMES DU MAROC et GERMAINE DE CAPPUCCINI.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked this spa ( special romantic package), as being nr 1 from tripadvisor. It started ok with the hamman, although this was not so spectacular as I expected; no steam, hot ok, but nothing compared to things done before at home. The next part was the massages and other treatments, to my surprise, my husband and I were led to different rooms for the rest of the afternoon (2h)... Goodbye romance!

alamsouber, Gérant at Heritage Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for your review.

I think it is important to clarify that in Moroccan hammam, you don't have steam. Maybe you make a confusion with Turkish bath. Do you think you can stay 45 min in a private room with steam?

We were certainly not put you in the same room as you will disturb your partner during the feet massage (need of calm) and facial (different products and less quite). On top of this, is there a difference in quality of the massage if you are in a separate rooms as during the massage, you need to relax and disconnect from the world.

The romance is just a name of treatment. If you have choosen it, this means that you are already in a romance. So maybe, we have contributed :-)

Thank you.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've booked this spa treatment before we arrived in Marrakesh and although the process was slightly challenging due to the deposit requirement it was well worth the effort . The Heritage Spa was not easy to find but once we did arrive the staff was very welcoming. If you're not familiar with the area you should definitely hire a guide.

We purchased the couples treatment which included a scrub, a massage, and a facial. This was a fantastic value and better than anything else we found in Marrakesh. I get a massage twice a month so I thought that the massage was just average but good for a spa. We had to add a facial because you only get one with the couples package that we purchased, but both facials were excellent.

The famous scrub was what we were looking forward to, however, I was disappointed. You are taken into a room with a slab of warm stone, in this case it was as a couple, and you're wearing only a disposable thong. We were both in the room relaxing comfortably awaiting the staff member to begin the scrub service. It was a female technician for both of us and the experience was different depending on sex. My female companion enjoyed the scrub and thought it was thorough and invigorating. I was disappointed in my scrub because the female attendant seemed to be shy to get into all of the areas of the body (i.e. nether region and buttocks) and so that diminished the value and therefore the effect of the scrub for me.

I don't believe that the female staff person was holding back, I think she was just young/shy to perform this on a man. I think that the service may be catered more towards women so I would suggest this: either hire male staff members that can perform the scrub or instruct the female staff members to make sure that they provide equal treatment for both men and women.

The experience with the scrub notwithstanding, my companion and I both enjoyed our treatments at the Heritage Spa. We were treated to a gift at the end of our session and the entire experience was very comfortable. We would both go back to the Heritage Spa if our travels take us to Marrakesh once again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

First the good things. We were six women, well traveled, in town for a weekend. We scheduled three treatments each.

The Hamman Scrub was well done. The rooms were hot, but comfortable. The women were well trained. I completely enjoyed the experience.

The hot stone massage (and other various massages received) were set in luxurious rooms with lovely low lighting and pleasant music. The masseuse was young and seemed adequately trained. She worked hard.

Now for the strange parts:

The reception room was a makeshift room on the roof. The rugs for sitting on the floor were well worn.

Our manicures/pedicures were done ON the massage tables. The pedicures required you to lie on your back and get your foot into a bucket of hot water. This was uncomfortable and awkward. The manicures were poorly done. Our cuticles were cut so short they hurt and bled. We each came to the conclusion that the girls were under-trained. I felt if they do not have room for a proper manicure/pedicure station, they should not offer the treatment.

Climbing to the reception room I had to step over someone's legs. He was in a treatment room so small that his feet hung out of the curtain providing his privacy.

Finally, during our stay, a woman (not from our group) passed out in the Hamman. She was carried by her wrists and ankles ACROSS the Spa absolutely naked and placed indecorously on the rugs of the reception room. No effort was made to provide for her modesty.

In review, the Hamman is too small for the number of treatments they offer. The staff was not professionally trained. Parts of the Hamman are in need of remodeling/redecorating.

I wish this place well, but it was not what we expected.

2  Thank PhillyGirlAbroad
alamsouber, Propriétaire at Heritage Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Madam,

We are very surprised by such a review.

When you mentioned that the carpet or rugs are old seems that you really have no idea about what an old precious berber carpet coming from Ait Zair is. It is really old as it is 75 years old but it is precious for us and that is why we shared it whith our customers. It is easy to go to a souk and buy a brand new carpet. It seems you did not understand the whole decoration and the atmosphere we wanted to share.
We really apologize about the quality of pedicure but how comes that when we asked you about the whole experience, your friends mentionned that you were more than satisfied. You have indeed, waited 25 min but you were generously compensated. So, why to leave such a review?
By the way our reception is not on the roof but on the ground floor.

I am sad when I read such words in regards to this lady that fainted in the hammam. Of course, we could not put her robe but we put towels and stayed with her for more than 25 min and me personally ensured that she had all the needed help until she came back to the hammam.

Regards.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We read about this spa on trip adviser and were a bit dubious as to how good it could really be.
Having visited spas around the world like the Maldives and Mauritius and thinking they were outstanding. I can honestly say that that the experience at the Heritage Spa was one of the best I have had.
As soon as you walk in you are made to feel welcome with Moroccan whiskey, then you are talked through your treatment and what you wish to experience from it ie, feeling refreshed or relaxed.
The Hamman is a unique experience and not for the shy for but after it your skin feels amazingly soft and the massage afterwards was one of the best I have ever had.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Heritage Spa to anyone. Great value for money and the very best way to kick start your holiday .
We will definitely return

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had this week 3 treatments at Heritage Spa and I would come back again for a fourth one, but I am leaving tomorrow, unfortunately. I wish I could have a place like this in my home country, but there isn´t. I really can recommend this spa to everybody who is visiting Marrakech and who wants to gain a Hammam experience. I felt very well taken care of - the owner, Ali, was personally taking care of me in a very generous way - as well as he takes care of other clients - the massage was excellent - the girls seem to be well traineId. Also the applied products seem to be of excellent quality. Reading some of the previous comments, I would like to add, that Heritage Spa is a well known place and often fully booked, but it was never disturbing to me. I had a 10 min. break to wait for the next treatment and during this time I was offered a free 10 min foot massage - tea, mint water, biscuits - Nothing was missing ! So, that is why I am rating this Spa with "Excellent".