“Will definitely be returning”
Review of Riad Amlal

Riad Amlal
Ranked #633 of 1,165 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friend and I are students and only had one weekend in Marrakech. This riad was nicer than most hostels we've stayed in: it was very clean, had 24 hour staff who went above and beyond our expectations, was safe, and was in a good area. It was also cheap! They helped us book a tour for the day, gave us maps and tea when we arrived, and really made our experience better than ever. It also helped that we booked two beds in a 6-person dorm and ended up being the only people in our room both nights! Wanted to stay longer and hang out there :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed at Riad Amlal during our trip around Morocco in MARCH 2012 (I haven't forgotten one single detail because it was that great). We could not have picked a better Riad. Farid, Mustapha, and Hisham were amazing hosts and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. They showed us around the Medina and gave us advice on anything we asked. We met other travellers at the hostel that we became great friends with, and all together, we did the trek with Moroccan Nature Trail through the Atlas Mountains and Sahara Desert. This was an absolutely unforgettable experience and one which i HIGHLY recommend all travellers to Marrakech to do. The accommodations in Riad Amlal were great - clean and well-situated close to Place al-Fna.
Thank you so much for this memorable, wonderful stay in Marrakech :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staff are brilliant no other word for it. Stayed out of season in high summer and the air conditioning worked which was a godsend in 50 degree heat. Riad was kept exceptionally clean (cleaner was in every morning). Located a short walk from the Place el-Fna it is ideal for anybody. The directions to the Riad can be a little confusing and its easy to get lost, but its easy to get lost anywhere in Marrakesh. Cannot recommend this riad high enough. Thank You for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was greeted and made to feel extremely welcome when I first arrived. Mustapha and his staff really do go the extra mile to make sure that you feel at home. I was personally shown around and given plenty of mint tea! It was great peace of mind that they sorted out my transfers to and from the airport. All the staff were friendly and happily answered any questions I had. I felt very looked after and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This Riad is in a great location. It's in the middle of the medina in a quiet alley only about a 15 minute walk from Place el-Fna. It's very close to other interesting places to visit. Mustpha, the owner, is great! He gave us a bunch of helpful tips for getting through Marrakech unscathed. The rooms are big but they face the main living area and have no glass windows, just shades. This meant that there wasn't much of a sound barrier between the bedrooms and the rest of the house. Since the only way we could get privacy was by closing the shades, it was sometimes hard to tell what time it was since we couldn't ever see sunlight. The air conditioning was a great feature of this place. The directions to the Riad were a little confusing so if you're not good with a map you might have a little bit of trouble finding it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I cannot rate this hostel and the guys who run it, highly enough. I was picked up from the airport which I had thankfully asked them to do as customs took forever. I actually thought no one would be waiting, but sure enough they were still there.
I loved the hostel, especially the ac. All the boys there were so friendly and helpfull and full on knowledge.
I was there during Ramadan, which is a bit hard for the guys, but they always offered us drinks and the meal they made after the final prayer.
I have kept this short, but I could write so much about my experience there.
I loved it, and I would go back for sure.

Thanks guys

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff was really wonderful and accommodating. I was picked up from the airport by the hostel's shuttle and I definitely recommend that because it is a bit hard to find, especially if it is your first time in Marrakech. Mustafa was a wonderful host and I especially enjoyed nice evenings on the rooftop terrace drinking wine that he helped us track down. The rooms were pretty standard and it was nice that the bathroom was ensuite (even if it was shared with several people). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends