“i loved this experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fellah Hotel
Ranked #225 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“i loved this experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I'm very glad of my stay at Fellah.
And for three nights as I've come back feeling refreshed having settled into the pace of the place. I met nice people there who were really enjoying working in that place.

There is so much to commend, particularly in the attitude of the staff which is professional and very friendly. I've never had so many come up and speak to me.
My bedroom was "furiously stylish".
The library was very tempting and the donkeys were a real plus.
I said good morning to them every day and fed them until one tried to bite my arm.

I loved the Fellah experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your comments, it is great to learn that you had a pleasant stay in our property but mostly to learn that we made our commitment, to make you feel as you deserved. We hope to have the chance to host you again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids and we spent our Christmas there. The hotel itself is great, very new but "too" new for the following:

1. we were there for 6 days, the facilities and activities in the hotel are far from enough to keep us just in hotel without going out to the town. this makes the following point very valid!
2. the hotel is about 20 minutes drive to the town. the hotel doesn't provide any shuttle for the residents and it doesn't seem there is any public transportation around, so it costs 40 euros (20 euros per taxi ride) per trip to the town.
3. the hotel is big but there were only a few rooms were occupied during our stay. we booked a Junior suite but they didn't seem putting us in a relatively well-equipped Junior suite. From the booking.com website, there's a bath tub in the Junior suite. However (and disappointing), our suite had NO bath.
4. as we went there in Christmas, so i was hoping to use the heated pool but it's not running (not finished up the work or whatever), so our bathing suits were just sat in the suitcase.
5. breakfast was included but not the water in the breakfast. we could drink orange juice, tea and coffee for free, but we have to pay for the water?!

when i said it's a nice hotel, because:
1. there is a library, a nice place particularly for the kids though
2. both of my husband and i had massage for 2 times, the place was spacious and the Thai massage was pretty up to the standard
3. the housekeeping work was very nicely done on the first day, then it was still not bad on the following days but just not as good as on the first day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jos F
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion here on Tripadvisor.

I deeply regret that your experience at Hotel Fellah Marrakech did not live up to your expectations and I am terribly sorry that the service you received was not up to the high standards we strive to deliver to all of our guests. I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies and I will follow up on your comments with my team.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Fellah Hotel one day in order to give you the excellent treatment you deserve and I personally remain at your disposal for any further comments or questions.

Yours sincerely,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I had been there with my Mum for one week in November. Fantastic resort! Friendly staff, but still need to learn how to serve the guests in a 5 star Hotel. Nevertheless we had a pleasant stay. Very special thanks to Resident Manager Ismael who did everything to let us feel so welcome in his country and treated us like princesses!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina W

Cartmel, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Arrived to be shown into a room with no bath ( we had booked one with a bath). We were then shown into room 407 which was excellent. Despite a request for slippers and some milk for tea none was forthcoming. The bed we found wad far too hard and really. should have had a 'topper' on it.
No one in the restaurant spoke adequate English, the price of the drinks was excessive and the menu was in French. The waiter had great difficulty in translating into English. Our starters were good but the tagine that was ordered was not served in a tagine but in a bowl. It was tasteless with no spices/veg that you expect in a tagine.
The restaurant was soleless with only 4 other diners.
We had originally been booked in for 5 nights but aftet the one night experience decided to check out. Despite attempts by management to persuade us to stay we left.
Such a great pity that an impressive facility should be let down by both service and quality of food.
The hotel needs to decide whether it is a hotel or a charity organisation a
David & Linda Crabtree

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pros:

Fantastic rooms. We were in Suite 201 which we thought was exceptional.

Beds will ensure the best sleep you will ever have.

Staff at reception spoke very good English and were friendly.

Cons:

Breakfast is pretty horrendous, as if someone just bought some cake, fruit and orange juice from the supermarket. Do not have lunch and dinner at this place. Tastes awful and you will end up with a £40-£60 bill each time.

Swimming pool is at sub-zero temperatures. Saw people sunbathing but never anyone in it.

Expect to pay £20-£30 for a taxi each time you visit the town centre. Its a half hour journey and everyone in Morocco including taxi drivers try to extort you.

This is just a personal choice but I would have preferred not to live alongside animals. They have donkeys and cockerels lurking around in the farm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited the Fellah last month, and was incredibly impressed with the hotel - from its location, decor, ambiance and most of all the work it is doing with the local community.

When you stay at the Fellah, you realise straight away you are staying somewhere special and very different from the 'standard' luxury hotel in Marrakech. There is spirit in this hotel!

If you are an art buff, who loves nothing more than to soak up local culture, relax by pool with a good book, enjoy A-MAZING thai massages and eat tasty food, then this is your place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DanielaMM

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

i could not recommend another place in marrakech for cool artistic and nature lovers it s the perfect place plus a real thai treatment center and a unique view of the atlas mountains by the pool food can and is doing better be precise on what kind of room you want bathtub, area of the room you can only be pleased by the new staff if u express what u want before. excellent vacation!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple